Douglas Custom Gear

JSam21
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1498 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

14 hours ago, JSam21 said:

So I’ve seen some post about Douglas doing custom CPs and shins with custom color padding. I’m I mistakenly reading that or how do you go about ordering some of their gear?

6 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

No mistake, ... they will do ANYTHING you want.  Not cheap by any stretch, but their quality is great, and customization is cool!

email Jeff Cook .....   jeffcook@douglaspads.com ......

He'll tell you what's up! :nod: 

@Thunderheads is exactly right. Jeff will take care of you and Douglas does a great job customizing. For me, they added plates for gap protection on the shoulder caps and wings for more protection around the armpits. Take a look...

IMG_4476.JPG.ee5a951875add37636e06dac18a8e855.thumb.JPG.7dff9146fd25b8422055951d464b22f8.JPG

• Like 3

[mention=969]Thunderheads[/mention] is exactly right. Jeff will take care of you and Douglas does a great job customizing. For me, they added plates for gap protection on the shoulder caps and wings for more protection around the armpits. Take a look...
IMG_4476.JPG.ee5a951875add37636e06dac18a8e855.thumb.JPG.7dff9146fd25b8422055951d464b22f8.JPG
Yup.... and they'll add a piping color to your pads along with custom colored pads

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Yup.... and they'll add a piping color to your pads along with custom colored pads

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

and T-hooks...

If you do a search, I think we have a customization price list out there from Jeff from this summer.

• Like 1

The one Jeff and I worked out to purchase from a third party seller I was planning to send for black padding and orange piping (have to represent my SF Giants). But it didn't fit so it got sent for refurbishing on its way to another buyer on here.

I will have to decide if I want to try and send the one I bought from Keith last year out for customization or not.

3 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

The one Jeff and I worked out to purchase from a third party seller I was planning to send for black padding and orange piping (have to represent my SF Giants). But it didn't fit so it got sent for refurbishing on its way to another buyer on here.

I will have to decide if I want to try and send the one I bought from Keith last year out for customization or not.

Yes - you totally should mod it!  Of course, it's not my money being spent so I'm all for it! :)

• Like 1

Know why these customization options are available? Do you know why Douglas CP's are so expensive? It's the same reason Force3 gear costs so much too... 

They're both made in the USA.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, spiffdawg7 said:

Gap protection for sure.  I also recommend getting t-hooks for a more snug/slim fit. 

Just be aware that with T-hooks, IF the ball hits you in the chest protector and IF (when?) the ball hits the T-Hook then you may want (need?) to buy a new shirt or jacket because you will now have a tear hole where the ball hits you. I’ve had it happen twice. One was my Magestic convertible jacket that everyone covets. The other was a 2010 Black mlb style shirt with the side stripes. That sucked. I’m currently modifying my West Vest Gold to add side buckles like the Force 3 Unequal. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Majordave said:

Just be aware that with T-hooks, IF the ball hits you in the chest protector and IF (when?) the ball hits the T-Hook then you may want (need?) to buy a new shirt or jacket because you will now have a tear hole where the ball hits you. I’ve had it happen twice. One was my Magestic convertible jacket that everyone covets. The other was a 2010 Black mlb style shirt with the side stripes. That sucked. I’m currently modifying my West Vest Gold to add side buckles like the Force 3 Unequal. 

Interesting... you would be the first person I can remember that would go the opposite of what most posters on here would do regarding T-hooks v. Plastic Buckles.

14 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Interesting... you would be the first person I can remember that would go the opposite of what most posters on here would do regarding T-hooks v. Plastic Buckles.

SH*# happens I guess. Maybe it only happens to me.  Just wanted to share my personal experiences with the negative side of T-hooks.  It still irks me every time I think of my brand new, first time ever wearing it Majestic convertible having a hole ripped in it right in the front lower chest/stomach.  Don’t want that to happen to anyone else if possible.

I actually prefer the side plastic buckles on my Force 3/Unequal. I am currently converting my Team Wendy upgraded West Vest Gold to allow side buckles and avoid any more jacket/shirt damage from the T-Hooks being hit by baseballs.  I have no problem keeping the WV or the Unequal snug as I use a System 7 harness on the Force3 and an Ump-Life/Razzer harness on the TW WVG. To each his own a guess. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Majordave said:

SH*# happens I guess. Maybe it only happens to me.  Just wanted to share my personal experiences with the negative side of T-hooks.  It still irks me every time I think of my brand new, first time ever wearing it Majestic convertible having a hole ripped in it right in the front lower chest/stomach.  Don’t want that to happen to anyone else if possible.

I actually prefer the side plastic buckles on my Force 3/Unequal. I am currently converting my Team Wendy upgraded West Vest Gold to allow side buckles and avoid any more jacket/shirt damage from the T-Hooks being hit by baseballs.  I have no problem keeping the WV or the Unequal snug as I use a System 7 harness on the Force3 and an Ump-Life/Razzer harness on the TW WVG. To each his own a guess. 

Just another reason to never wear a jacket behind the plate.

My .02.... YMMV

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Majordave said:

Hey, no worries Dave. I used to have the clips on my first couple chest protectors. Then when to ones with the t-hooks. Now I have one of each and I have the pick of the litter.

As for my shin guards... nothing beats the plastic clips in my mind. I found myself wishing my last two shin guards had them (West Vest Pro and Bauer1000). So glad the Force3s do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kevin_K said:

Just another reason to never wear a jacket behind the plate.

My .02.... YMMV

Great thought but not an option during February games in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska where I work. The howling winds from hell are just too strong and relentless. 

• Like 1

I received  my new custom Douglas CP from Jeff today. Straight out of the box I placed my @Razzer harness on it. I have to say that I’m disappointed in myself for waiting this long to pull the trigger and purchase the Douglas CP. It’s very comfortable, LOW PROFILE, and well worth the money! Thanks again guys!!! 

22 minutes ago, bluetick48 said:

I received  my new custom Douglas CP from Jeff today. Straight out of the box I placed my @Razzer harness on it. I have to say that I’m disappointed in myself for waiting this long to pull the trigger and purchase the Douglas CP. It’s very comfortable, LOW PROFILE, and well worth the money! Thanks again guys!!! 

Pictures?

On 1/12/2018 at 9:19 PM, bluetick48 said:

Got the gap protection and wing protectors added. I held off on the t-hooks. I like plastic clips. With Ray’s harness I can get it tight enough for my liking. Like I said, I hate that I waited this long to test drive one of these bad boys! 

54B90BE1-8E60-4B39-8B82-E3FBD403A7EF.jpeg

7F56F6E0-0ECF-49DD-B11C-F257C91F9168.jpeg

I'm sure it's the lighting. But those plates look almost... black!:blink:

• 2 weeks later...