New Feature - Member Map

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2373 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

One of the questions I get a lot is where most of our members come from. So I enabled a new feature called Member Map. Located in the top right of the Main Menu bar you can click on it and enter your location. You don't have to put the marker directly over your home, you can just put it in the relative vicinity. I hope you enjoy this feature. And it's completely voluntary and will not automatically post your location.

Member Map.JPG

Same here, as per @LMSANS and @Kevin_K, @Umpire in Chief...

All Apple, on Mac (Chrime, Safari, and Firefox (had to pull out the "old" mower)), iPhone and iPad and nothing works. Tried multiple formats... separated by commas, by slashes, by dashes... when I hit "Save", nothing happens.

9 hours ago, Richvee said:

Guys, Don't use the box to type in an address. Just zoom in on the map, find your spot, right click, and pick save location. Took me a while to figure it out. 

Is that in the Casebook, Rich? Because it isn't in the Rulebook or Manual! ;)

• Haha 3

I was tempted to put my location in an African or SE Asian country, just so I could claim to have the market cornered on "Third World Plays". But, I think a more appropriate location is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darvaza_gas_crater ... the embodiment of the Doorway to Hell.

Good grief it's hot here in Phoenix.

I was going to try and do it from my Android. But can't figure out how to drop a pin.

As for heat. We have friends visiting from Los Angeles. They, evidently brought the heat (100 degrees this weekend) as well as the wildfires to the Pacific NW 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 9:51 PM, MadMax said:

I was tempted to put my location in an African or SE Asian country, just so I could claim to have the market cornered on "Third World Plays". But, I think a more appropriate location is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darvaza_gas_crater ... the embodiment of the Doorway to Hell.

Good grief it's hot here in Phoenix.

I was looking for a decent-sized crater on Mars.    Not on this map.   :(

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

Nice to see that @maven updated his location.  Must be on his boat since he's in the middle of Lake Erie.

Today (10/19/17) it has him in the middle of the Indian Ocean.  The guy gets around.