COG is now United Collegiate Umpires

celt62
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2404 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

They have officially distanced themselves from Sealey by renaming COG the United Collegiate Umpires.  Good move on their part.  The name though...  I don't think a name has to show that their all together despite the recent turmoil.  New hats and unis for all!  Two years in a row buying all new stuff. Yikes.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see "UCU" as having better branding options, for umpires, than COG. And, unless you're a multi-national, longstanding branded entity (AT&T, NASA, etc.), a name change does a lot to change people's perception of you.

Besides, any time I see "COG" I think Gears of War. ;)

I also see on the NCAA arbiter website that all of COG's Division 1 conferences are up for bid this year.  Curious to see the battle between the group before COG and the "new" version of COG (UCU) who will come out on top.  Either way the conferences are going to make out great and the umpires will take another hit in the pocket book.  Like a state bid to any contractor the lowest one wins unfortunately.