2017 Kansas City Collegiate Baseball Intro to 3-Man Clinic

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2450 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

September 22-24, 2017. Our Kansas City Collegiate Umpires Alliance Leadership is conducting their 2017 Intro to 3-Man Umpire Clinic.

Camp POC; Jon Browar, Assigner for MIAA and GLVC, NCAA Division II Conferences and Kansas Jayhawk Junior College Conference.

jbrowar16@aol.com, 913-638-5212.

I have attended this clinic along with many of my past and current collegiate baseball partners.  Members on this board that have attended are ACPAR72, Ironman and I am sure several others.

The instructor staff at this clinic are many of the same instructors that work other midwest umpire camps and clinics.  All work college baseball and many worked professional baseball.

There will be live games to work.  In the recent past there have been both collegiate/junior college and high school level games to work.

I have personally worked collegiate baseball with at least ten new to college baseball umpires that were assigned games because of their performance at this clinic.

Past instructors include; current AAA Umpire Paul Clemons of Topeka, current AA Umpires Tyler Olsen and Grant Conrad. Former AAA and Major League Fill-in Umpire Seth Buckminster,  2017 NCAA Super Regional Umpires Bill McGuire of Omaha and Mark Wagers of  Wichita. 2017 NCAA Regional Umpire and former minor league umpire Tim Cordill, Former minor league umpires Mark Hutchison, Carlos Martinez and others on staff in the Big XII, Big 10, Conference USA, Missouri Valley Division I Conferences.

Highly recommend you attend if you are interested in learning the 3 man collegiate umpiring system.

I am not being paid or otherwise rewarded or remunerated for this endorsement.  I know that you will get great instruction, be treated well, meet lifelong colleagues and friends and learn a lot.  It WILL make you a better umpire.  PDF Flyer attached.

2017 Flyer.pdf

• Like 3

Hey[mention=34]majordave[/mention], think they have an audit price for this camp? I don't want to get in touch of assigners nor do I want to work college or do the field work but I'd like to see how far behind this I am.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

On 6/30/2017 at 3:31 PM, Tksjewelry said:

Hey[mention=34]majordave[/mention], think they have an audit price for this camp? I don't want to get in touch of assigners nor do I want to work college or do the field work but I'd like to see how far behind this I am.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Call Jon Browar.  I listed his contact in the OP.  Can't hurt to ask.

On 7/1/2017 at 5:16 PM, Ballgame said:

@majordave I have been there as well and am going again this year. It is a great camp. Can't wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yes you have Teddy Ballgame!  I forgot to mention you.  You are one of the guys I met there that I have worked with!  Damn good catch.  Tell your story man.  It will most definitely encourage others and may get some of them to attend.

If I wasn't already going to the Mid American earlier in the month, and had additional time off from work, I would so be there. My goal is to get into college baseball. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 9:47 AM, Majordave said:

Yes you have Teddy Ballgame!  I forgot to mention you.  You are one of the guys I met there that I have worked with!  Damn good catch.  Tell your story man.  It will most definitely encourage others and may get some of them to attend.

I don't usually talk about myself, but I did go to the 3 man camp in Kansas city 3 years ago.  I had never been to a camp before and never had any real training.  I was way over my head.

I attended that camp and caught the bug.  I started getting games in the Ban Johnson league (wood bat college summer leavue in Kansas City) the next summer.

I then attended the Mid-Am 2 man camp in Springfield the next year and was hired to work college games in NAIA and Juco the next spring.  

I returned to the 2 man camp last year and got a pretty decent schedule.

Planning on returning to the 2 man camp as the classroom sessions are second to none and also heading to the 3 man camp in Kansas City and hoping to learn more about the 3 man system on an effort to be prepared if I get tapped to work 3 man games in the work spring.

I have been very lucky to have some great people around me and some great partners to learn from that have helped me develop.  I have a long way to go, but I plan to keep working hard to improve.

• Like 2