Young Ump in NC

Ryan Eisner
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2475 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Ryan, I love your enthusiasm for umpiring. I'm sure you will find resources to get better and move forward. Good luck, enjoy the process!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, dumbdumb said:

You should be going over to Gene Hooks field and watching the umpires working the Regional Tournament, starting at 2 pm tomorrow and continuing through Sunday or possibly  Monday if an extra game is needed at 7pm.

What regional? 

9 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

The one that has the coach who has been known to have an "expletive-filled rant", playing the first game today at 2pm.

And one that cries about every close pitch that doesn't go his way (doesn't matter whether he's on offense or defense) until he finally receives his "official" warning.  (sigh)

1 hour ago, lawump said:

And one that cries about every close pitch that doesn't go his way (doesn't matter whether he's on offense or defense) until he finally receives his "official" warning.  (sigh)

Well, he must have fallen apoplectic with his 9-1 shellacking this afternoon, especially since his pitchers threw 95 strikes out of 137 pitches (70%), while the opponents only threw 70 strikes out of 129 pitches (55%).

Doesn't mean they won't come from behind and win the whole shebang though.

4 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Well, he must have fallen apoplectic with his 9-1 shellacking this afternoon, especially since his pitchers threw 95 strikes out of 137 pitches (70%), while the opponents only threw 70 strikes out of 129 pitches (55%).

Doesn't mean they won't come from behind and win the whole shebang though.

The one to whom I was referring won today.

9 hours ago, lawump said:

The one to whom I was referring won today.

Thanks for the clarification. Just remember my name with anything I mention. With a little googling below.

Almost a big upset with that little ""Non-Major Conference School""" in Death Valley yesterday.

And, oh my, an upset by another ""Non-Major Conference School""down at Boshamer Stadium (i.e. The field that, Dean Smith and Michael Jordan built.)

And another coach from the NC Factory, that Frank McGuire with Alex English/Bobby Cremins, helped build a lot of stuff (Sarge Frye Field) down your way also.

Of course that large lady, whoever she is, has not started singing yet.

Now, go put your CPL hat on and get over to Florence or Lexington County tonight and supervise, and write up your reports on who/whom (in your humble analysis) should get that first call (contract) into MiLB when an opening occurs.

Pay close attention and don't take any foul balls to the head while supervising without your mask on.

We don't want the marbles in that very well trained and highly, highly knowledgeable and efficient legal mind of yours all scrambled up.

Have a great summer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...