Reasonably priced compression shirts

ofhs93
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2514 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Picked these up from Amazon....I like wearing these under the CP. They do a great job of helping to keep things cool and these don't break the bank. (Under Armor...I'm talking to YOU) I will tell you ahead of time...I LIKE a certain level of actual compression in my under gear...and these provide that. I'm 6' and between 230-235 and the XXLs are perfect for what I like.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YCMGZM/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ofhs93 said:

Picked these up from Amazon....I like wearing these under the CP. They do a great job of helping to keep things cool and these don't break the bank. (Under Armor...I'm talking to YOU) I will tell you ahead of time...I LIKE a certain level of actual compression in my under gear...and these provide that. I'm 6' and between 230-235 and the XXLs are perfect for what I like.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YCMGZM/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_1

$27 for a 3-pack, that's awesome.   The question will be 'how long do they last?'     I see their sizing is a bit curious.... L = 34" to 35.5" ??    Maybe they mean a large Lilliputian ?  

There is a note that says to "ignore the Amazon sizing chart..."   

Edited to add:  Also, a couple of the review comments indicate that you should go one size DOWN if you want a true compression shirt.   They are rated pretty highly, though.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

$27 for a 3-pack, that's awesome.   The question will be 'how long do they last?'     I see their sizing is a bit curious.... L = 34" to 35.5" ??    Maybe they mean a large Lilliputian ?  

There is a note that says to "ignore the Amazon sizing chart..."   

Yes...trust me...I was slightly going out on a limb with trying these out...but they have free returns so I wasn't too worried. That's why I listed my height and weight...you guys can adjust your size estimations on that. I would NOT suggest these to someone that is 6' and over say 255....that might feel a little TOO compressed.

I will say that the length on these is also good....I have a long torso and short legs...and these are plenty long...so you could probably go up to 6'2" possibly 6'4" and still be able to use them. Again...their measurements are based on the actual measure of the fabric and dont take into account the stretch and compression. As a comparrison I typically wear a XXL or even sometimes XXXL top because I have large shoulders...These tops have a good fit in XXL on me...assuming you like some actual compression and not just a stretchy shirt that just lays against your skin.

Durability is only something that I will find out over time....I will keep this thread updated with any specific observations. I got the Black/Navy/Gray multi-pack to get a feel for the colors...all pass that initial test...multiple washings will tell the tale on that if they fade.

As far as sizing down goes....Like I said...I have a fairly long torso and my shoulders are fairly big....in a sport coat I wear anywhere from a 46-50 depending on the manufacture. The XXL shows a measurement of I believe 39-41.....and that gives me just enough compression feel for *me*. Not so much that I feel like I'm being squeezed...just enough to feel support.

• Like 1

I second Walmart and sometimes Target. Unfortunately I'm spoiled because I have an Under Armour outlet store about 45 min from me. Whenever I'm down in that area I'll pick up anything I need.

• Like 2