lawump

This Weekend

best to you and your family for your brothers speedy recovery.

Thank him for his service and sacrifice.  

american-eagle-flag-3x5-17.jpg

Thanks to all those who made the supreme sacrifice. And thanks to families like yours, who sacrifice and worry and pray every day that a family member will not ultimately have to pay that high a price for this country and all of us. True heroes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Prayers for your brother and your entire family! Please thank him for his service!

Prayers to all that have sacrificed their lives so we can live in this great land! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NavyChiefBlue said:

Prayers for your brother and your entire family! Please thank him for his service!

Prayers to all that have sacrificed their lives so we can live in this great land! 

HOO YAH !

Allow me to echo the words of @NavyChiefBlue .   

Go Navy !

• Like 1

lawump  my prayers are with you and your family I want to say THANK YOU to a true American Hero, your brother, My wife and I just sent our youngest son off to Ft Bliss, Texas and fear that very phone call

I've been hesitating in my response to echo @lawump's points that were made.  I often find myself torn for my (service member) relatives that have passed along with brothers & sisters that I have lost in different theatres, and that in itself is part of my struggle.  The part the really bothers me, is the number of people that consider it "National BBQ Day", an extra day off of work, or something of the sorts.  After our (local) Memorial parade and services of which I rode in the parade as a member of the VFW riders group, and also as a member of the firing squad for the 21 gun salute during the ceremony, we retired back to the post to reflect on those that had gone before us.  While there, one of the newer servers greeted us with a "Happy Memorial Day!". It was at that point, that I asked them to sit down, and explain to me exactly what they were so happy about.  They looked dumbfounded and speechless as if I was the one asking a dumb question.  Once a few of us talked with this person and explained our experiences, you could see the wash of emotions take over.  For the rest of our time there, even through somber reflection, the server's greeting turned into "Thank you for your service", which all agreed was now a "heartfelt" greeting.

You are absolutely correct, a price HAS been paid!

@lawump, prayers for your brother in a speedy recovery.  I hope that you care for your brother with patience and understanding.  Remember, not all wounds are visible.

Semper Fidelis

Bill Bruce

SSgt  USMC '84-'96

https://www.dav.org/

http://www.mission22.com

• Like 1