2 ball bags behind the plate?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I almost always wear 2, but only because I have this thing about having only one ball on my right bag with my brush (unless I have more than 4 baseballs, can't overload the left bag).  Of course,

Always 2. I keep a small glock in my left one, just in case! Lol

I wear two. As games go along, I move the more worn/less desirable balls from the right bag (where I pull from) to the left.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, KenBAZ said:

Two black Ump-Attire XL zipper pocket bags for every game every level.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

............and a lucky Red Sox chair

• Like 1

I almost always wear 2, but only because I have this thing about having only one ball on my right bag with my brush (unless I have more than 4 baseballs, can't overload the left bag). 

Of course, like all of us, I only wear 1 on bases. It holds my rule book and brush just fine. 2 would just be obsequious.

the second line is sarcasm

• Like 6
2 hours ago, scrounge said:

I almost always wear 2, but only because I have this thing about having only one ball on my right bag with my brush (unless I have more than 4 baseballs, can't overload the left bag). 

Of course, like all of us, I only wear 1 on bases. It holds my rule book and brush just fine. 2 would just be obsequious.

the second line is sarcasm

You made my day wth ball bag on bases comment. One guy here in Rec ball wears one on the bases to keep his phone which is about the size of an iPad mini and his sunflower seeds!!! Too funny!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, KenBAZ said:

Only the Yankee fans object to me sitting in my lucky chair when I'm in A.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BITE YOUR TONGUE with your Beantown ballyhoo!  I grew up a Cubs fan whilst living just outside of Chicago.  To me, Red Socks are just like the Dallas Cowboys of the 90's.  Either you love them, or you love to hate them because people love them.  My two favorite teams are the Cubs and whoever is playing Boston.

40 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

BITE YOUR TONGUE with your Beantown ballyhoo!  I grew up a Cubs fan whilst living just outside of Chicago.  To me, Red Socks are just like the Dallas Cowboys of the 90's.  Either you love them, or you love to hate them because people love them.  My two favorite teams are the Cubs and whoever is playing Boston.

Do I sense a disturbance in the Red Sox Nation force?

• Like 1
On 3/22/2017 at 11:56 AM, wolfe_man said:

I agree with others on the 2.  I can put lineup, gum, pen, brush, indicator between innings, etc. in left pocket and it is a balanced look.

This. Balls in the right, other stuff in the left.

On 3/24/2017 at 3:52 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

Those lovable Cubs now have the great Theo Epstein as the top of their staff.  The one from the Red Sox.  He's a hell of a baseball guy and he has did an amazing job.  I tip my hat to the Cubs.  I'm a born and raised Cardinals fan and was hoping that if the Birds didn't win it then let the Cubs win.  Probably a lot of deaths of people from heart attacks who were just holing out until the Cubs won a World Series.  Oh, the Cubs-Cardinals rivalry is the best in baseball.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, mbkcoach said:

You made my day wth ball bag on bases comment. One guy here in Rec ball wears one on the bases to keep his phone which is about the size of an iPad mini and his sunflower seeds!!! Too funny!

Had a college baseball umpire carry a plate brush on the bases and would sweep off the pitcher's plate.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Radie said:

Used 2 for the first time today... I liked it.

I don't need to use 2.. but it was nice to have it there. I thought it looked better too.. probably gonna roll like this all the time. 

So nobody in this thread has been to a reputable clinic where they tell you the algorithm? One if you're short, two if you're tall?

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always wear 2 ball bags, regardless of game, for over 25+ years. One, I think it looks better but that's just my own opinion. Two: Do not hold up the game waiting on baseballs. Always have plenty of baseballs ready to go. 

That's just my two cents from being around the block a time or six hundred million times. 

Thanks!

Scott Kennedy

www.ump-attire.com

scott@ump-attire.com 

• Like 2