2 ball bags behind the plate?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I almost always wear 2, but only because I have this thing about having only one ball on my right bag with my brush (unless I have more than 4 baseballs, can't overload the left bag).  Of course,

Always 2. I keep a small glock in my left one, just in case! Lol

I wear two. As games go along, I move the more worn/less desirable balls from the right bag (where I pull from) to the left.

Posted Images

wear what works for you. If 1 bag is crowded, wear 2.

I wear 1 for HS and 2 for college and Legion - depends on the number of baseballs you are carrying. An XL ball bag works well until it gets worn out for 4 or so baseballs.

2 at tourneys or any other game where i can get more than 4 baseballs, to keep the game rolling! Otherwise, like for HS where im lucky to get 3 balls, i use one bag only

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, mbkcoach said:

Do y'all always wear two? I see some of the MLB guys wear one. With the XL bags do you need two?

MLB can wear one, if they want, because they have trained ball-persons who will run out balls whenever they are needed.  Most of us don't have that luxury, so if we are given more than (about) three balls, we need two bags.

I would wear two for college (even though there are ball persons at most of these games, sometimes they aren't quite as well trained on the timing and wearing two allows fewer trips), and one for HS (where I would only have 3 or 4 balls total).  Even in HS, some wear two just for the symmetry.

On 3/21/2017 at 4:15 PM, mbkcoach said:

Do y'all always wear two? I see some of the MLB guys wear one. With the XL bags do you need two?

Always wear two. Been doing it that way 19 years. I got certain stuff that goes in each. If I don't have two I would feel 'unbalanced'. I know...I am weird like that. Plus I like the look. I carry 5, 6 (right bag) if they let me....1 on the mound....soon as I get to 2-3, I want more....everything else in the left...lineup card, pencil, chewable candy/gum, brush, and I just ordered the Smitty expandable so I will report back after a few plates....btw...best ball bag I own is attached to my plate coat....

• Like 1