VAUmp

Force 3 - Un= Shin Guards - 16.5 inch...

For Sale:

16.5 in Unequal Shin Guards.  Used one season.  In great shape

$80 shipped

Paypal Friends Only

20161215_165131.jpg

How tall are you for sizing on the 16.5 inch?

What didn't you like about them when wearing?

What did you like about them when wearing as well?

thanks

They were by far the most comfortable and protective leg guards I've ever worn!  They fit securely and never slide around.  There wasn't anything I didn't like about them.  I'm only selling the gear because with my new job, I can't umpire anymore.  Now, I'm 6-4, but I have very short legs (I wear 30 length pants), so my height won't tell you much about how they fit.  You won't be disappointed in them.  

8 hours ago, Stk004 said:

If they were 18 I'd seriously consider it.

Don't consider it and get it I have use the 18.5" for 2 full seasons and will not use anything else.

I have a pair of the 18.5 that were too tall for me. They have maybe 15 games on them. They have some minor scuffs from living in my equipment bag. I use the 16.5 now and love them-seriously the best I have used in my career. I would sell them for $85 shipped or trade straight up for another pair of similar quality 16.5.

7 hours ago, MB_Ump said:

I have a pair of the 18.5 that were too tall for me. They have maybe 15 games on them. They have some minor scuffs from living in my equipment bag. I use the 16.5 now and love them-seriously the best I have used in my career. I would sell them for $85 shipped or trade straight up for another pair of similar quality 16.5.

Start a new post with yours so that is doesn't get lost in this one.

I also have the 18.5, they are great guards. But the WV's in either flavor are great too. If you can wear these shins, get 'em.

On 12/17/2016 at 9:10 PM, tbuck18 said:

How tall are you for sizing on the 16.5 inch?

What didn't you like about them when wearing?

What did you like about them when wearing as well?

thanks

I'm 6'2", 34-inseam, and wore 17" shinguards as a catcher for the tail end of my "career", and then 17" shinguards for the first years as an umpire. I initially purchased the 18" Ultimates and they were annoyingly too tall. Exchanged them for the 16.5", and I simply rave about them. I used to spend several hours a day in my catcher's shinguards, and now with these, I feel I could do this again no problem.

You feel nothing when an errant ball hits you on these guards. Oh sure, you feel the "push" of the ball's energy, and you might hear a thud-esque sound, but otherwise, you're not left hobblin' and limpin' away.

Best part? Tough-plastic side-release buckles on all straps, no corrosion, no metal-on-metal squeaks, and when snugged up, they stay in place when you make that dash down the line or towards the 2B cutout.

The only thing I didn't like about wearing them (notice, this is past tense) was when I had to wear them with the New Balance MU460 (the original mid-tops). Because the 460's are mid-top, it meant that I was making bald patches on the inside of my Ulimate shinguards, as well as wearing out the tops of the shoes. My current low-top plate shoes and future low-top MU460 V3's remedy that.

• Like 1