Pitch Counts

kylehutson
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2605 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

14 hours ago, kylehutson said:

We have "days", but 0-30 is "0 days rest", so they could pitch the next night, same as NY.

NJ has the same, 0--30, no days rest. However, we have a added rule....a pitcher may not pitch on 3 consecutive days.

On 2/27/2017 at 10:40 AM, beerguy55 said:

If you start counting IBB's then you'll have coaches swapping F1 and F6 for IBB's - at least, that's what I would do.

Or, to quote Don Drysdale,

"Why use four pitches to put someone on base intentionally when I can do it with one?"

6 hours ago, VolUmp said:

Or, to quote Don Drysdale,

"Why use four pitches to put someone on base intentionally when I can do it with one?"

There's one glaring problem with this – amateur ball, high school included, is no place for plunking. Do we really want to be forced to mitigate a fight breaking out because a F1 plunked a rival batter because he wanted to save himself 3 pitches?

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

There's one glaring problem with this – amateur ball, high school included, is no place for plunking. Do we really want to be forced to mitigate a fight breaking out because a F1 plunked a rival batter because he wanted to save himself 3 pitches?

I'm sorry, MadMax, the umpireswithnosenseofhumor.com site must be down??

• Like 3