Thunderheads

Force3 Defender doesn't help here....

I usually post videos in the Professional section but this is an equipment post/video:

Well .... it looks like the Force3 Defender didn't necessarily protect Suzuki better than other masks.......

And .... the mask cut him ....

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1166128783/?query=suzuki

Sometimes it doesn't matter which mask yo wear. Things happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JaxRolo said:

Sometimes it doesn't matter which mask yo wear. Things happen.

absolutely, ....thus my word "necessarily" .....

however, ....I've never seen a catcher get cut from getting hit in the mask ....NO ...wait....Alex Avila did a few years back when he was still w/ the Tigers before he switched to an All-Star bucket (wearing a Nike Ti)

I don't think we can say at all that it didn't help. Ok, he cut his chin....did the mask attenuate the force enough to prevent a brain injury as well?

I mean, given the choice, I'll take the booboo on the chin :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scrounge said:

I don't think we can say at all that it didn't help. Ok, he cut his chin....did the mask attenuate the force enough to prevent a brain injury as well?

I mean, given the choice, I'll take the booboo on the chin :)

again ....I used the word "necessarily" .....

Just now, gnhbua93 said:

Don't you think if he was cut the trainer would have gloves on?

He was cut, it looked almost like a puncture ...watch the video.  I also saw it live on Fox Sports Detroit while watching the game

1 minute ago, gnhbua93 said:

Why post it twice? Are you upset and angry? :fuel::wave:

???  I didn't post anything twice ...at least I don't see that I did?  

In any situation that blood is present trainers put gloves on. The real testament to the effectiveness of the mask will be if he is not put on the DL like he was when a similar situation happened with his previous mask.

8 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

In any situation that blood is present trainers put gloves on. The real testament to the effectiveness of the mask will be if he is not put on the DL like he was when a similar situation happened with his previous mask.

He wasn't "bleeding" ... he had a gouge.  And it happened on that play.  You can see him in another video that's on MLB.com on his 3 run HR ....there's no mark on his chin when he rounds the bases.   And, yes, ... we'll see what his status is today, that'll be interesting

I doubt that there will be a V3, because that mask performed well. 96mph fouls ball to the chin is the worst. It's amazing that he walked off the field on his own. When he got hit there with his old mask he was knocked out of the game with a concussion. From what I've read, he's had a cut on his chin from something else before. So the mask definitely did its job.

2 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

I doubt that there will be a V3, because that mask performed well. 96mph fouls ball to the chin is the worst. It's amazing that he walked off the field on his own. When he got hit there with his old mask he was knocked out of the game with a concussion. From what I've read, he's had a cut on his chin from something else before. So the mask definitely did its job.

linky linky?

1 minute ago, gnhbua93 said:

Weird that the Minnesota Twins doesn't own the domain www.twins.com

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

July 23rd injury ...same as last night, ......same mask..........

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/191286572/twins-kurt-suzuki-cut-on-chin-by-foul-tip/

2 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

And no visit to the concussion DL then. Bubu instead of a concussion. Mask performed well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

not if it cut him?

28 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

not if it cut him?

Well, again....if the price of avoiding a bruise on my brain is a little cut on my chin? Sorry, chin, but you're getting cut.

1 minute ago, scrounge said:

Well, again....if the price of avoiding a bruise on my brain is a little cut on my chin? Sorry, chin, but you're getting cut.

understood.... but 8 stitches isn't a 'cut' ....  I agree it's better than a concussion no doubt, but ...why the gash?