MLB Ejections 121-123 - Culbreth, Reynolds (3|4, 1; CLE)

2B Umpire Fieldin Culbreth ejected Indians Manager Terry Francona and Pitching Coach Mickey Callaway for arguing a Replay Review decision that upheld 1B Umpire Jim Reynolds' no catch (safe) call in the top of the 3rd and 1B Umpire Jim Reynolds ejected Indians bench player Corey Kluber for arguing...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

49 minutes ago, maven said:

I know the center in NY gets other angles, but wow.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/

When maven seems to indicate a call under review is wrong ......it's wrong! ;)

By the way ....IT'S WRONG ....that's awful.  That's a catch all day long and how NY didn't see this is beyond me.  NOT BERATING Reynolds for the initial call, I understand that ...but someone in NY isn't' paying attention

I'm 90% sure that's a catch...but there were a couple angles that introduced that 10% doubt (ok, maybe 5%). Depending on who's manning the replay that night, 5-10% doubt may be enough to be that person's threshold of inconclusive.

I don't think a call stands in this case is all that big of a travesty, though quite likely incorrect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stkjock said:

there is a schedule that is out there somewhere, the announcers always seem to know, I just looked and can't find it quickly.

I know Gil does his Umpire's Sabermetics... I would love to see the stats of the umpires when they are in NY