Unofficial Ejection - Bob Davidson Requests Fan Removal

HP Umpire Bob Davidson ejected a Phillies fan for inappropriate conduct in the top of the 6th inning of the Giants-Phillies game. With one out and one on, Giants batter Denard Span took a 0-1 fastball from Phillies pitcher Luis Garcia for a called first strike. Prior to the next pitch of the...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

8 hours ago, ALStripes17 said:

No reason Davidson should have to be involved in that. Stadium staff can't do something before or as it gets to that point? Although I do like the precedent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Correct. What gets me is all of the posts I read that this fan paid his money so he should be allowed to act like that?  WRONG.  Nowhere on that ticket does it say you can act in a vulgar manner around other fans.  It's cool how the surrounding fans applauded.  Can't remember who it was that ejected a belligerent fan who was dogging Bryce Harper. It was a well warranted ejection.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, umpstu said:

Correct. What gets me is all of the posts I read that this fan paid his money so he should be allowed to act like that?  WRONG.  Nowhere on that ticket does it say you can act in a vulgar manner around other fans.  It's cool how the surrounding fans applauded.  Can't remember who it was that ejected a belligerent fan who was dogging Bryce Harper. It was a well warranted ejection.

From the article posted... "This is the first umpire-initiated ejection of a fan during play since Tim Welke's ejection of a Bryce Harper heckler on September 16, 2014."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2016 at 2:24 PM, umpstu said:

couldnt agree more.. stadium staff shouldnt have been let it get far enough that an official had to handle them.