Thunderheads

For God's Sake Stay in the Slot!

It's going to take something like this to cause someone to lose a year before we finally get over this silly macho bull%#% and not be considered smitty for wearing forearm pads. It's protective equipment, no different than a chest protector. But no one wants to be 'that guy'....but during March/April, under those long sleeves? Yea, I'm wearing them.

17 minutes ago, scrounge said:

It's going to take something like this to cause someone to lose a year before we finally get over this silly macho bull%#% and not be considered smitty for wearing forearm pads. It's protective equipment, no different than a chest protector. But no one wants to be 'that guy'....but during March/April, under those long sleeves? Yea, I'm wearing them.

It's not about forearm pads it's about being in the proper position. Do we still get hit in the slot? Yes. But our chances of NOT getting hit are still better if we stay in the slot. If you don't want to be hit become a "professional base umpire"!

13 minutes ago, UMP45 said:

It's not about forearm pads it's about being in the proper position. Do we still get hit in the slot? Yes. But our chances of NOT getting hit are still better if we stay in the slot. If you don't want to be hit become a "professional base umpire"!

Yea, that's the kind of fake macho crap I'm talking about...how about get into proper position AND wear reasonable protective equipment? Do you go out there without shin guards, tough guy?

I think he might be in the slot. His head appears to be directly over the catcher who looks like he is set up inside. By looking at the catchers feet in relation to the batters box, I think he might be on the inside corner.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, scrounge said:

How about the upper arm as well? 

2 hours ago, scrounge said:

Yea, that's the kind of fake macho crap I'm talking about...how about get into proper position AND wear reasonable protective equipment? Do you go out there without shin guards, tough guy?

I rest my case.

I worked with a gent the other day who had a forearm guard on while working the dish...

30 year retired Marine. No way I was going to tell him it looked Smitty, sissy or any other comment!