Jump to content
rjt6

Question:+POS Masks at Ump-Attire

Recommended Posts

I haven't seen the +POS masks listed on ump-attire recently. Do they still carry those masks?

Edited by Majordave
Clarify question subject in topic title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 0:38 PM, rjt6 said:

I haven't seen the +POS masks listed on ump-attire recently. Do they still carry those masks?

Define "recently." I don't recall ever seeing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

Define "recently." I don't recall ever seeing them. 

They have had them as recently as last year. I dont think dan was meeting their expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's disappointing but not entirely surprising. Was planning on grabbing a silver ZRO-G frame at the end of the season but I guess that'll change now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MikeSafari said:

Well, that's disappointing but not entirely surprising. Was planning on grabbing a silver ZRO-G frame at the end of the season but I guess that'll change now.

You can order directly from +POS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

You can order directly from +POS

I tried that once. Was an absolute nightmare.

10 minutes ago, tpatience said:

I wouldn't do that. It takes weeks to recieve anything.

Yeah, for people in the US it takes weeks. It took me nearly a month and a half to receive my items. Won't be doing that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tpatience said:

I wouldn't do that. It takes weeks to recieve anything.

 

8 minutes ago, MikeSafari said:

I tried that once. Was an absolute nightmare.

Yeah, for people in the US it takes weeks. It took me nearly a month and a half to receive my items. Won't be doing that again.

Well then... guess I won't be doing that. Trying to find just an aluminum frame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JSam21 said:

 

Well then... guess I won't be doing that. Trying to find just an aluminum frame

None of the +POS mask lineup are aluminum. Dan has his masks constructed of hollow-tube steel or magnesium.

There is only one aluminum mask sold frame-only, and that's the Diamond DFM-UMP-iX3 (or BL). Even the new Wilson Aluminum is sold with pads included, and of course, they're the equally premium Wilson Memory Foam pads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MadMax said:

None of the +POS mask lineup are aluminum. Dan has his masks constructed of hollow-tube steel or magnesium.

There is only one aluminum mask sold frame-only, and that's the Diamond DFM-UMP-iX3 (or BL). Even the new Wilson Aluminum is sold with pads included, and of course, they're the equally premium Wilson Memory Foam pads.

Or the two tone gray and black pads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MadMax said:

None of the +POS mask lineup are aluminum. Dan has his masks constructed of hollow-tube steel or magnesium.

There is only one aluminum mask sold frame-only, and that's the Diamond DFM-UMP-iX3 (or BL). Even the new Wilson Aluminum is sold with pads included, and of course, they're the equally premium Wilson Memory Foam pads.

Where could one get this frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2016 at 2:11 PM, Stk004 said:

Ump attire should sell just the diamond frame. 

Thanks for the suggestion @Stk004. We do have the black one: https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/DFM-BK-FRAME_Diamond-Black-Umpire-Mask-Frame

Would I assume correctly your suggestion is about the silver frame? If so, and others think this is a good idea, this is entirely a possibility. It certainly has been one of our all-time best selling masks/frames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2016 at 3:38 PM, rjt6 said:

I haven't seen the +POS masks listed on ump-attire recently. Do they still carry those masks?

We are not currently retailing +POS products.

Nothing much to read into except that we added several new umpire gear brands around the same time including +POS and Force3 (and others such as Schutt and Douglas) and the +POS products, at their appropriate price points, did not fit in with the profit margins we were making on other items in like categories. Purely a business decision.

Thanks for noticing and asking the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JimKirk said:

Thanks for the suggestion @Stk004. We do have the black one: https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/DFM-BK-FRAME_Diamond-Black-Umpire-Mask-Frame

Would I assume correctly your suggestion is about the silver frame? If so, and others think this is a good idea, this is entirely a possibility. It certainly has been one of our all-time best selling masks/frames.

I personally prefer sliver frames to black, so if I were to buy a frame separately I would look for silver. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stk004 said:

I personally prefer sliver frames to black, so if I were to buy a frame separately I would look for silver. 

Note taken! Thanks @Stk004.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...