BillKen

FS: WV Platinum XL w/TeamWendy Retro

I have a TW Platinum and I love it.  If you get $400 I will sell mine! For $245 you can get a brand new Douglas with gap caps and t-hooks.  It will also be longer than the TW platinum.

I have a douglas, and a OG west vest.. no way i would pay 400$ for a cp..

the vest is $140 brand new.. wendy pads are $110 $30 for the harness too.. and shipping, unless your in Russia and overnighting it.. $400 is way out of my league... so as they say on Shark Tank " i'm out"

This unit cost me $300 by the time I paid shipping both ways to TW and the harness.

Yes...I'm asking for $100 premium + $20 shipping because I did all the work to get it done and it is now extinct.  If the market won't support that, I'll keep it...no hard feelings guys!

• Like 1

your asking for an extra $100 beeeeecccccaaaaauuuuussssseeeee?  You did all the work..?If someone buys this, then they have not done their research. Good luck

The retrofits jumped in price beeeeecccccaaaaauuuuussssseeeee TW doesn't do that any more. Kinda like a Riddell.

No way that Riddell's command the price they do. But they do.

You'll soon see the Honig's polywools, pre-2016, do the same, I'll bet.

Supply and demand, folks.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

Guys, Bill is trying to recover all his money and have a steak dinner.

Actually, I want an Apple Watch!

Pics added to the OP.  This CP is in great shape and will last someone an entire career while protecting them at any level of ball.

Come on Bill!!! How about $325. You can catch the blue light special at your local Golden Coral. All you can eat. Let me know. 

8 hours ago, kylejt said:

A Carlucci sold on eBay for $500 not that long ago. 

Just sayin'. 

apples and oranges .......... ;) 

Not really, as both are relying on the "cool factor" to determine the market price.

Just like a Riddell, the Carlucci is a collectors item. On the face of it, both are just decent protection. But their limited numbers, and the fact that they're considered "cool" in umpire circles, drives the price.

Now that the TW retrofit is no longer available, the demand will drive the price beyond it's original retail.

But, like the +POS SUL, which were selling at nearly $300 at one point, the price will plummet when far greater technology comes in. That may be years for the TW retro, or next week. But, and just in my opinion, the TW retro price should remain above retail for a while, as folks who missed out will still want them.

On 7/13/2016 at 11:11 AM, BillKen said:

Yes

Why are you retiring?

On 7/27/2016 at 1:47 PM, conbo61 said:

Why are you retiring?

It isn't fun anymore.  I dread the road time, I dread getting paired with certain partners, I dread chapter meetings and politics, the coaches, the fans, the players don't appreciate you, the pay stinks, its too hot, its too cold...the same ol' stuff!  Also, I've become really involved in other things like church and I'm at a point in my life where the extra few dollars I make aren't essential.  I've been away from my family long enough (3 sports for 15 years)...and my body isn't getting any younger.  I gave up hoops a few years ago, but I'm going to keep doing football (it's only once a week and with a crew I love).  Add it all up, and it is just time.  I was fortunate enough to get to work the state finals this year.  I figured it wasn't going to get much better than that for me...so I'm pulling a Manning and going out on top!

• Like 2

Ahhh.  I see.  I imagine it is tough when you work multiple sports and don't really get an off season.  Baseball is the only sport I do because it is the only one that I have sufficient passion for to serve as an official.  

To quote @BigUmpire "I don't do it for the money, but I won't do it for nothing."  But one thing is for sure, if you don't TRULY enjoy it, you will not do well and all those other circumstances will just make you more miserable.

Good luck to you.  I enjoyed your contributions.