MLB Ejection 076 - Bob Davidson (1; Anthony Rendon)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2843 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HP Umpire Bob Davidson ejected Nationals 3B Anthony Rendon for arguing a strike three call in the bottom of the 12th inning of the Cubs-Nationals game. With none out and none on, Rendon took a 3-2 sinker from Cubs pitcher Trevor Cahill for a called third strike. Replays indicate the pitch was...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Strike or not ......... Most MLB ej's are pretty clear and warranted, but I'm not so sure here.  Rendon has never been ejected and doesn't appear to say anything, and .... I've seen WAY MORE antics from players and they've been kept in the game.   My vote is that was a cheap ej.  But that's me .......

1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

Strike or not ......... Most MLB ej's are pretty clear and warranted, but I'm not so sure here.  Rendon has never been ejected and doesn't appear to say anything, and .... I've seen WAY MORE antics from players and they've been kept in the game.   My vote is that was a cheap ej.  But that's me .......

12th inning. Plus, he called the pitch(es) correctly. I'll cut balkin' Bob a little slack.

8 hours ago, Dbellyflop said:

Our buddy F.P. "What's the pitch trak say....." crickets....... oops it said it was a strike.......

I'm telling you, man.  I'm from the DMV area, so I grew up an Os fan, and have also added the Nats to the "my team" list, and we get MASN down here in Tidewater.  But when I think of F.P., the first phrase that comes to mind is "oh, THAT [redacted] guy."

I know, I know - the color man has nothing else to do but be the "homer" in the booth, and to just be the worst.  But F.P. seems determined to be the worst of the worst.

6 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

He's clearly saying SOMETHING as he's walking off and turns back towards Davidson - just have no idea what.  Of course, FPos says that he doesn't say anything, so you KNOW he did.  What if he turned back and said "you're terrible."  Isn't that enough for an insta-eject?

Just now, grayhawk said:

He's clearly saying SOMETHING as he's walking off and turns back towards Davidson - just have no idea what.  Of course, FPos says that he doesn't say anything, so you KNOW he did.  What if he turned back and said "you're terrible."  Isn't that enough for an insta-eject?

I watched it without sound like I typically do (good idea!) :D 

not necessarily .... like I said ....I've seen MUCH WORSE and guys stay in the game ....  that's my point

Just now, Thunderheads said:

not necessarily .... like I said ....I've seen MUCH WORSE and guys stay in the game ....  that's my point

well it's a judgement call isn't it...... :D

• Like 1

Just now, Thunderheads said:

My point is that all it takes is "YOU" followed by the wrong sequence of words and that's PLENTY to get ejected without any accompanying histrionics.  So something that LOOKS worse (depending on what is said), may not actually rise to the level of an ejection.

1 minute ago, Thunderheads said:

of course ....and Mr Davidson has been suspended for his judgement in these situations before ...........  that's also a part of my point

ahh, I was not aware of that, thanks for the history.

Just now, grayhawk said:

My point is that all it takes is "YOU" followed by the wrong sequence of words and that's PLENTY to get ejected without any accompanying histrionics.  So something that LOOKS worse (depending on what is said), may not actually rise to the level of an ejection.

Ok fine ......Davidson was totally justified here :rolleyes: 

9 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Ok fine ......Davidson was totally justified here :rolleyes: 

I have no idea if he was justified or not.  I do know that you have to be able to see and hear it from Bob's shoes to know for sure.

• Like 1