I saw a few of these too on Sunday. They're cool, but I think I'd find them distracting. 

I wouldn't get one, but then again I'm the guy who has been wearing the same mask for 10+ years.

1 hour ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I saw a few of these too on Sunday. They're cool, but I think I'd find them distracting. 

I wouldn't get one, but then again I'm the guy who has been wearing the same mask for 10+ years.

If part of the cost of the mask went to charity I'd probably get one. Then again, being the kind of guy who buys tons of gear, I might get one anyway.

I would think the bright pink would be distracting to the pitcher. Maybe not at the major league level but possibly at the HS level.

• Like 1

I own four Wilson mask of different mask/pad combos. Pink is not one I would get to wear a couple of times a year. Besides I wear enough pink during footbal in October. No disrespect meant to Breast Cancer survivors either.

On May 9, 2016 at 3:51 PM, acpar72 said:

It's the Dyna Lite original and not the aluminum.

Of course it's not the Aluminum! That would involve Wilson having a committee meeting, and approving the spending of a few bucks to have their Chinese manufacturer kick a few masks out of the production process and anodize them pink. Anodizing in a custom color itself isn't a challenge, it just involves time and money. It's probably less costly to just take a few steel masks – which you probably have piles and piles of after churning them out, unchanged, for the past 5+ years – and re-dipping them in pink paint coating.

#Way2UnderwhelmWilson #PennyPinchingMisers

All this being said, I'd love to see what MLBU has in mind for Memorial Day, Father's Day, and Independence Day.

I do know that they did a couple titaniums in the new design...not sure if they were dipped or pc'd but the titanium frame was used.