I Feel Like George Jefferson

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2947 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

My assigner called me today and told me he would be changing my schedule in order to get me in some varsity games. Granted, these are pretty low-level games and I've called some excellent sub-varsity games for the bigger schools which are far better than these small varsity ones, but it's so nice to get the nod and know people have their eye on me and my progress.  If nothing else, it's recognition and validation from my peers and senior umps.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, UmpJeff said:

Good luck and enjoy yourself! 

Remember, the bases are still 90' and the mound is still 60'6"!  Have fun!!!!!

GOOD POINT.... and more importantly .......better baseball is easier to umpire!!!  Think about it! :nod: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

GOOD POINT.... and more importantly .......better baseball is easier to umpire!!!  Think about it! :nod: 

I would have to agree. Seemingly routine plays actually become routine. They are more apt to make the "smart" play.