• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I ordered a pair of these to try,  A few things of note.  Yes they do match the honigs color.  They feel quality, and a little lighter material then the honigs.  Things they do not have, a double c

In my experience the Honigs Polywools run true to size. 

The travelers crease is a bead of silicone that is ran down the crease of the pants.  This allows the pants to look sharper and keeps a cleaner/harder crease.  Without the silicone bead this crease th

1 hour ago, WES2006AG said:

I bought a few pair but sent them back ( they are either running a little small or I am running a little big these days). I thought they seemed to be good quality and looked similar to the Honigs color. If they had fir I would have kept them. 

Are we talking waist size? 

I bought 2 pair, they do tend to run a little small.  I wear a 36 (in GD original) and these fit tight  in the waist and kind of tight in the upper zipper area.  Good quality, for me just no room for cold weather layering underneath.  I would prefer a better fit without the elastic expander.  If I order any more, I will go up a size.

I also ordered base and plate pants, didn't have but one issue, that is they run small.  They fastened but they were tight in the waist.  I have not sent back because I am contemplating ordering Honigs, but can't see my size on my honigs pants anymore and can't remember if they run big, small or true to size.  If I reorder the GD poly wools I will go up 2 sizes in both plate and base and if they are too big, I will have them taken up some.  I do however like the look, feel of the GD Poly Wools.  

22 minutes ago, NEAOA said:

I also ordered base and plate pants, didn't have but one issue, that is they run small.  They fastened but they were tight in the waist.  I have not sent back because I am contemplating ordering Honigs, but can't see my size on my honigs pants anymore and can't remember if they run big, small or true to size.  If I reorder the GD poly wools I will go up 2 sizes in both plate and base and if they are too big, I will have them taken up some.  I do however like the look, feel of the GD Poly Wools.  

In my experience the Honigs Polywools run true to size. 

• Like 1
On February 10, 2016 at 4:15 PM, WES2006AG said:

I bought a few pair but sent them back ( they are either running a little small or I am running a little big these days). I thought they seemed to be good quality and looked similar to the Honigs color. If they had fir I would have kept them. 

Yes they were small in the waist. Bought the same size as I wear in regular GD pants and they were way too small.

1 hour ago, WES2006AG said:

Yes they were small in the waist. Bought the same size as I wear in regular GD pants and they were way too small.

Is it possible it's because the material is different?

I've always gone up 2" in the waist for umpire pants, vs. what I wear in Levis. Just because we're usually tucking two shirts. That, and I'm usually eating ballpark food for a few months in a row, and usually need that variable in the waist.

Fechheimer is making them, so I'd expect the quality to be there. (have they ever made charcoal pants?).

I'd like to know if the color matches up to Honig's.

Maybe they measured them with the expander at full expansion. Word does need to get out about the sizing. Have any of you complained to GD? Remember we had the same issue with the NB 450 plate shoes?

Thinking about ordering a pair of base and plate pants. I wear a 42. Would you go up to a 44 on these?

I usually get the polywools from Honigs. But their site is so hard to navigate it is frustrating.

Also... Has anyone noticed that Honigs has two types of Polywool base pants for the same price? One is discontinued. One is not.:HS

So I ordered a pair of these to try,  A few things of note.  Yes they do match the honigs color.  They feel quality, and a little lighter material then the honigs.  Things they do not have, a double clasp or a travel crease (silicone crease).  The base are tapered vs a straight leg with the honigs.  they do run small so I wear a 36 in my regular pants, I buy 38 from honigs, I bought 38's from Gerry.  They where tighter than my honigs.  The thick elastic waist band and single clasp in my humble opinion is a poor design.  It seems like a simple fix, put a second clasp for better balance and distribution and allow fabric for the stretch of the flex seam.  (much like the UA polys)  All in all its a nice starting point.  I will be returning them b/c they don't fit me well, for the price I want the double clasp and traveling crease.  I hope this helps guys out.  You may love it, they may tweak the design, but for now its a no go for me.  And I really, really wanted to like these pants.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, hckyosgood30 said:

So I ordered a pair of these to try,  A few things of note.  Yes they do match the honigs color.  They feel quality, and a little lighter material then the honigs.  Things they do not have, a double clasp or a travel crease (silicone crease).  The base are tapered vs a straight leg with the honigs.  they do run small so I wear a 36 in my regular pants, I buy 38 from honigs, I bought 38's from Gerry.  They where tighter than my honigs.  The thick elastic waist band and single clasp in my humble opinion is a poor design.  It seems like a simple fix, put a second clasp for better balance and distribution and allow fabric for the stretch of the flex seam.  (much like the UA polys)  All in all its a nice starting point.  I will be returning them b/c they don't fit me well, for the price I want the double clasp and traveling crease.  I hope this helps guys out.  You may love it, they may tweak the design, but for now its a no go for me.  And I really, really wanted to like these pants.

Thanks for the update. The sizing issue always had me worried. But e lack of a second clasp as well as the permanent crease is definitely a concern. Looks like I will be purchasing another pair of Honigs Polywools when I make the trip past there in early March.

On 02/13/2016 at 0:29 PM, BT_Blue said:

I usually get the polywools from Honigs. But their site is so hard to navigate it is frustrating.

I decided to stick with Honigs PW's for now. Thursday evening, I had an order in my cart on the Honigs site and it kept telling me I hadn't picked a postage rate and wouldn't let me continue even though I had picked a shipping rate.. I gave up and called in my order.. Got an email Friday morning that everything shipped and tracking number says it'll be here Tuesday. Not a big issue, but the site needs some major work. .

1 hour ago, Richvee said:

I decided to stick with Honigs PW's for now. Thursday evening, I had an order in my cart on the Honigs site and it kept telling me I hadn't picked a postage rate and wouldn't let me continue even though I had picked a shipping rate.. I gave up and called in my order.. Got an email Friday morning that everything shipped and tracking number says it'll be here Tuesday. Not a big issue, but the site needs some major work. .

The Honigs site is damn near unusable! The fact that their flag ship pants don't have any pictures or or information is silly.

I wish the Gerry Davis pants were a tad better done per @hckyosgood30. But still might have to give them a try. I just do know.

On February 14, 2016 at 1:01 AM, hckyosgood30 said:

Travel crease? I have heard the term but not sure what it exactly is and who does it. Please enlighten me more.

The travelers crease is a bead of silicone that is ran down the crease of the pants.  This allows the pants to look sharper and keeps a cleaner/harder crease.  Without the silicone bead this crease that comes from the factory can eventually fade or become the "double crease" if you or your dry cleaner messes up when pressing/ironing.  If you're traveling and your pants are going into your bag rather than a garment bag/hangers in the back of your car its a bigger deal.  Honigs pants have this feature.  BTW this can be done to any pants by a tailor for about $10-12.  But why should I pay for this feature and a double clasp when I can get it in my current pants?  I really hope Gerry does some small tweaks to these pants in the next generations of these pants.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hckyosgood30 said:

The travelers crease is a bead of silicone that is ran down the crease of the pants.  This allows the pants to look sharper and keeps a cleaner/harder crease.  Without the silicone bead this crease that comes from the factory can eventually fade or become the "double crease" if you or your dry cleaner messes up when pressing/ironing.  If you're traveling and your pants are going into your bag rather than a garment bag/hangers in the back of your car its a bigger deal.  Honigs pants have this feature.  BTW this can be done to any pants by a tailor for about $10-12.  But why should I pay for this feature and a double clasp when I can get it in my current pants?  I really hope Gerry does some small tweaks to these pants in the next generations of these pants.

I can sleep better now.  ha