Umpire in Chief

Upcoming Changes

There is a new release available I will upgrade to shortly. Most changes are bugs/security related.But here are some changes you will notice:

1. The "New Content" button in the top right of your screen will be replaced by an "unread content" button
     Unread_Content.thumb.PNG.3adeb1feb49fdf5
  2. When you select the new "Unread content" you will now get an enhanced "stream."
    Unread_Content_1.thumb.PNG.9592e892a6457
  3. One of the features I'm most looking forward to is being able to easily edit this stream to best suite your personal browsing habits
    Edit_Stream.thumb.PNG.99abca2b3f3db36c27
  4. From here you can customize this stream and save multiple streams to help you quickly find new posts/topics that most interest you.
    Stream_Options.thumb.PNG.a9d5ec8a089062f

Now on to everybody's #1 question, "What about improving search?"

They claim some search enhancements. In the demo site I access it seems more cosmetic with a few slight improvements. We'll have to wait and see how it works here before I pass judgement.

• Like 1

What about when you used to click on a thread it would take you to the first unread post. It no longer does that.

The system still does that. You need to click on the star or bullet before the thread rather than the title.

Click_here.thumb.PNG.f8ee31d08c8c9e7af1f

Look at the settings. Check the read status and the Time period. The shortest list would be by selecting Read Status as "haven't read" and time to "last visit"

56aa3488a6f45_UnreadContent2.thumb.PNG.f

Also I have found that I prefer the condensed list versus the expanded list view.

56aa350facc49_expand-condense.thumb.PNG.

Warren, nice addition of the "Unread Content" button appearing at the bottom of the page.  No more having to scroll up to get back to the list of unread threads.   Bravo!

12 hours ago, grayhawk said:

Warren, nice addition of the "Unread Content" button appearing at the bottom of the page.  No more having to scroll up to get back to the list of unread threads.   Bravo!

Thanks Grayhawk. I didn't see that until you pointed it out.

Great addition Warren!