Sign in to follow this  
lawump

Jays

Watching extra innings in Game 2 of the Tex/Tor series.

(Rant alert):  Dear Jim Kaat,

The Toronto Blue Jays are MLB's current "largest collection of Rats" and are wholly unqualified to determine whether or not the home plate umpire (Vic Carapazza) is having a good day, or not, 'back there'." 

Thank you,

All umpires everywhere

(Rant off)

• Like 2

The most amusing part of this broadcast has to be that, by and large, when they have shown the computer PFX zone, it has been in agreement with Carapazza's calls.

• Like 2

The most amusing part of this broadcast has to be that, by and large, when they have shown the computer PFX zone, it has been in agreement with Carapazza's calls.

I'm looking forward to seeing on your site what Brooks says after the game.  There have been some pretty high percentages so far!

I like Bob Costas as much as the next baseball guy...but Vic can't catch a break.  Vic calls a Ranger out on K's, which Bob's own network's "K-zone" shows was a correct call, and Bob says it wasn't a strike.  What the hell?

• Like 1

ike Bob Costas asdoesn't as the next baseball guy...but Vic can't catch a break.  Vic calls a Ranger out on K's, which Bob's own network's "K-zone" shows was a correct call, and Bob says it wasn't a strike.  What the hell?

Kaat has disagreed when technology several times today. Most  color guys look at the monitor before spouting off...its.like Kaat doesnt have one. Whenever they have shown the technology, it has agreed with the call and would indicate PU is having a great game.

Vic has had a pretty good zone both this year and last year in the Nats wild card game.

His positioning on plays at the plate, I thought were spot on..

Did anyone see odor's infield single in extras, I thought Marquez was a little quick, agree? Disagree?

So the numbers suggest Carapazza's call selection did end up favoring one team over the other...just not what the storylines would have you believe...Toronto was helped by a net of seven calls (149/154 Balls + 64/74 Strikes = 213/228 = 93.4%) +7 TOR [Jays benefit from net 7 misses].

But more importantly...Angel Hernandez...(103/104 Balls + 45/47 Strikes = 148/151 = 98.0%) +1 KC

Yup, a whole lot of people rip on Hernandez year after year.  Yet, year after year he is assigned to the playoffs (often LCS or WS). Here's why.  This is not an anomaly for him.

Yup, a whole lot of people rip on Hernandez year after year.  Yet, year after year he is assigned to the playoffs (often LCS or WS). Here's why.  This is not an anomaly for him.

He's the best!

Gil, do you know if MLBN uses the same camera setup and data as Pfx/Gameday? It seemed their on-screen tracker was much more accurate than Fox's or TBS'.

I assume so since their production is MLBAM and Gameday is MLBAM.

TBS... not so much... I half think it's a ratings ploy, stir controversy and get more people talking, tuning in, etc.
CQ7DiFoUsAADBi9.png