Problems with Plus POS Orders (again)

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1075 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This came in a couple of weeks ago. Second order of the year, both took about 2-3 weeks to arrive and shipping to the west coast of Canada. 

Really light mask and I think I would never buy a mask again without a visor. Cant recommend it enough. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Well I still haven't been able to get into contact with anyone at +POS through e-mail, phone, or as part of the paypal arbitration process. Opened up a transaction dispute today, very disappointed.

I have had 0 problems from +POS in the past, but waiting weeks (with no contact after repeated efforts) is incredibly unprofessional and frustrating.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ty said:

Well I still haven't been able to get into contact with anyone at +POS through e-mail, phone, or as part of the paypal arbitration process. Opened up a transaction dispute today, very disappointed.

I have had 0 problems from +POS in the past, but waiting weeks (with no contact after repeated efforts) is incredibly unprofessional and frustrating.  

Ty - you ordered a mask, right?  This honestly surprises me, because normally the masks are the "sure" item at +POS. 

There is NO excuse for not replying - or being able to be reached by your customers - from Dan or +POS.  That is terrible service and worthy of losing your business when  you treat customers in this manner.

2 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Ty - you ordered a mask, right?  This honestly surprises me, because normally the masks are the "sure" item at +POS. 

There is NO excuse for not replying - or being able to be reached by your customers - from Dan or +POS.  That is terrible service and worthy of losing your business when  you treat customers in this manner.

Yep, ordered a mask and an extra harness. It's a shame because I use the ZRO-G/TW pads as my primary (and highly recommend it) and needed to replace my backup System 7 mask after a weld crack and bend. 

Have been doing a ton of games without a backup mask waiting on this order. Just frustrating.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:25 PM, Ty said:

Yep, ordered a mask and an extra harness. It's a shame because I use the ZRO-G/TW pads as my primary (and highly recommend it) and needed to replace my backup System 7 mask after a weld crack and bend. 

Have been doing a ton of games without a backup mask waiting on this order. Just frustrating.

I agree - very frustrating.

If you want another +POS or need a harness I can help you out.  I have a +POS that needs re-coated that I'd be willing to let go for a very fair price.  I also have extra Diamond and Honig's harnesses in black.  You could send off to Mask-It or have a local shop re-coat the mask for you in whatever color you want.  I'll sell mask and harness and include free shipping for $25 if you're interested or make me an offer. 

The mask was gray, but I tried to paint it black.  First coats went on great and it looked very good, but then I got some bad clear coat from Lowe's and it kind of "bubbled up" on the bars.  Long story short, the mask should be re-done professionally now - or at least sand-blast the coating off and re-painted before use so it looks nice again.  I attached a pic of what it looks like right now.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, UmpSC7 said:

Took a chance and ordered a zro g mask. Same problems, no confirmation email, no email back, no phone number. Anyone have the secret way to get in touch with them?

Nope.   I ordered the same thing earlier this year.  I wanted an inexpensive lightweight black mask.  I registered as a user and got a confirmation email very quickly and had great hopes. Waited a month with no response to any attempt to communicate. I finally called my credit card company and they sorted the mess out within a couple of days with a full refund.  In the end I bought a Wilson AL from Offer Up.  Good luck to you  

It has been well known in these parts (aka the forums) that I really like the look of the +POS Cobra protector. I would love to be able to grab one. Especially at the $80-90 price for the refurbed ones. But I dont want to deal with my money being tied up for a month or three. Then have to go through the hassle of contacting my credit card company to get it back.

It's just not worth the hassle. Nor is it worth having to deal with SWMBO getting all pissy with me for ordering from a place where I knew this could happen.

There is a phone number in these forums if you search for it. I used it earlier this year, Dan picked up, told me what the “issue” was and I got my mask a couple days later. 

Know it’s an extra step you shouldn’t have to take but the phone call helped me. 

Its in a post that Dan tried to defend himself about his bad customer service. It may even be at the beginning of this one. 

On 10/26/2018 at 8:30 AM, eagle_12 said:

There is a phone number in these forums if you search for it. I used it earlier this year, Dan picked up, told me what the “issue” was and I got my mask a couple days later. 

Know it’s an extra step you shouldn’t have to take but the phone call helped me. 

Its in a post that Dan tried to defend himself about his bad customer service. It may even be at the beginning of this one. 

If you search @Dan dada it should come up. It is only a year or two old.

Edited by BT_Blue
Realized I could actually tag the name so it could be searched.

It's too bad so many people have problems with them. I have two POS masks and I think they are the best thing going out there, especially for $50! A black Zero G frame with tan Wilson pads is my go to mask. The two orders I've made came through quickly with no issue, so I was lucky. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mwest5575 said:

It's too bad so many people have problems with them. I have two POS masks and I think they are the best thing going out there, especially for $50! A black Zero G frame with tan Wilson pads is my go to mask. The two orders I've made came through quickly with no issue, so I was lucky. 

Agreed...love my Zero G frame...and have really been tempted to order another one as a backup, but I'm afraid of being burned...I tried calling all of the phone numbers on the website and none of them seem to be in service anymore....that's a red flag for me.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:37 PM, kylejt said:

The times that I've ordered from Dan I sent an email first

3 of my 5 masks are +POS ZRO-G's, as are several of my Vulture colleagues. For a hollow-steel mask, emulative of the revered Icon, complete with decent pads and a harness, and priced at $49, you cannot beat it.

I have never had a problem ordering from +POS (Dan), and I think it all has to do with Emailing him first, prior to ordering. In this way, it introduces your email to him as a "trusted" customer. He got absolutely torched by PayPal a few years ago, mostly off scammers ordering and cancelling stuff. So if you contact him before ordering, indicate what you're ordering and use the email / ID you're going to pay with for PayPal, it seems the process goes as it was intended.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sent text and received a message back from Dan. A few days later got a random text with wrong order, called back immediately and talked with Dan.  Said ship right away. Has been a week with multiple text to give me an update, and no response or product. 

14 hours ago, UmpSC7 said:

Sent text and received a message back from Dan. A few days later got a random text with wrong order, called back immediately and talked with Dan.  Said ship right away. Has been a week with multiple text to give me an update, and no response or product. 

Sounds like you are ahead of the game here. Better luck than some of the others!

• 5 months later...

Ordered a ZRO G frame on April 18th.  Followed @MadMax suggestion to email first.  Payed with PayPal and waited.  And waited. Found a phone number for Dan and sent him a text.  He answered saying he would ship the next day.  Next day turned into 2 1/2 weeks of phone calls,  texts,  and calls to @MadMax to see if he could help.  Finally got a call from Dan around 5pm one night saying he shipped and was including the pads and a harness at no charge because of the wait.  Got it the next day.  Wish it could've gotten to me sooner but still pleased that it arrived.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, wwsodeputy said:

Ordered a ZRO G frame on April 18th.  Followed @MadMax suggestion to email first.  Payed with PayPal and waited.  And waited. Found a phone number for Dan and sent him a text.  He answered saying he would ship the next day.  Next day turned into 2 1/2 weeks of phone calls,  texts,  and calls to @MadMax to see if he could help.  Finally got a call from Dan around 5pm one night saying he shipped and was including the pads and a harness at no charge because of the wait.  Got it the next day.  Wish it could've gotten to me sooner but still pleased that it arrived. 

That pretty much seems to be the only way to get anything from him, which is a giant pain in the rear, to be honest. I waited over a month for an update and only got a response to my repeated emails when I mentioned that if I didn't hear back I'd have to start a chargeback.

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, rvanvickle said:

Anyone know if +POS is still in service? They have great lightweight masks and would like to order additional ones.

Thanks.

I would strongly suggest passing.   Their website appears to be "broken" code and the last time I reached out to them months ago, I did not get a response.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 6:41 AM, rvanvickle said:

Anyone know if +POS is still in service? They have great lightweight masks and would like to order additional ones.

Thanks.

For all intents-and-purposes, the answer is "no". 

What I don't really understand about +POS is how it fell off so hard. I was watching some MLB games from the 90s and you see guys with the POS samurai CP and that POS resin (?) mask that I heard explodes sometimes. I can't find any history on the company so does anyone know why/how they fell off so hard? I'm guessing it has something to do with the West Vest patent but I'm sure there's more to the story.