Problems with Plus POS Orders (again)

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1053 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Is anyone else having problems with Plus POS orders.  I recommended the Zero G mask to a friend of mine and he ordered three weeks or so ago.  His card was charged but no order ship yet and whomever is in charge there won't respond to his emails and the telephone is busy constantly.  

He doesn't know what to do and asked me.  I distinctly remember many, many members here having trouble with Plus POS over the years and Dan Dada (sp?) responding to us about the quality of his products and his past troubles.  Maybe this post will bring him out of hiding or someone who knows him can shed some light on the situation.

Ridiculous that this company has such great products and such terrible ordering processes and shipping problems compounded with what appears to be terrible communication with their ordering and paying customers.  

It bothers me in that I recommended Plus POS and this trouble ensues.  Business as usual Dan?  WTF!  

I figured Umpire Equipment was the proper place to make this post, due to the nature of the message. Moderators if it not I apologize. I am a long time reader, this is my first post. Hopefully I can prevent someone from making the same mistake I did. I recently made a purchase on pluspos.com for a Zero Gravity Mask Frame in silver. The transaction went smooth with PayPal processing the financial aspect of the order. That is only part that went smooth. After my credit card was charged and the funds withdrawn it became apparent that I will probably never receive my mask or a refund at this point. The phone number listed for +POS has been busy around the clock for more than 2 weeks. Email responses go unanswered. I contacted PayPal about the situation I was in and all they are able to do is start a investigation for my transaction. They instructed me to contact my credit card company and file a fraud report. As of this writing neither I or my financial institution has been able to successfully contact +POS Hopefully this prevents and/or alerts someone from making the same mistake I did. I will edit this post as to the outcome of this unfortunate situation is hopefully resolved somehow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long ago did you start this transaction?

You say you're a long time reader. If so, you should have known of +POS's recent sketchy customer service. Orders have been hit or miss for years now. Sorry you missed all those discussions. Not a slam on you, just a learning point for others. 

Some folks get their gear right away, and others seem to take many weeks.I haven't heard of anyone just flat out never getting their stuff.  Dan Parsons. the owner, used to come here and defend his one-man operation. Haven't seen him here lately. He recently expanded his operations, plus, has either sold some gear, or has some sort of distribution deal with Ump-Attire (they carry those same masks). Maybe you can get Jim to get ahold of Dan. 

Those of us who've done this for awhile are saddened by the company's slide. They were the "go to" outfit for many years. 

PayPal is great, unless something goes sideways, Then they're just one more layer to go through to get some sort of resolution. 

• Like 1

I did see some of the problems with them in posts that were 2 years old. I didn't see anything current, so I figured they got their act together. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I will see what happened and post accordingly. They have my money, now I have no choice but to see how this plays out. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a slight to +POS, but also remember our friends at Ump-Attire.com also carry some +POS gear and you will not have to worry about customer service issues at all.

https://www.ump-attire.com/Plus-Pos-Umpire-Gear/?page=1&perpage=24&cat=0&orderby=price desc&brand=+POS&search=

Is anybody having the same issue with theofficialschoice?

They are in the process of moving warehouses, which I think has been more of a chore than they bargained for. If you email them, they respond pretty quickly. I waited 3ish weeks for my last order and ended up emailing them. The owner responded the next day and was very apologetic, but he ended up throwing some extra shirts and ball bags in my package for my trouble, he's a good guy. Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Is anybody having the same issue with theofficialschoice?

They've always been a bit sketchy. They first went with the "loss leader" style of marketing. Dump a lot of gear at near cost, and try to buy a following. Lots us bought those cheap, grossly oversized shirts, and near black pants. The purposely didn't match other brands, trying to set a new standard. Well, that didn't work. They now are trying oddball designs and colors (note the flag shirt, and weird camo). The good sellers get their prices jacked up, as the really ugly ones don't. 

Their website doesn't keep up (their Fall Sale went for over 9 months), and their stock is all over the place. Plus, they don't seem to know when those shipping containers will actually arrive. 

They do make, when in stock, the finest long sleeved shirts made. I use some of their gray shirts in the summer, as they're cooler,and sharper looking than cream or light blue. So they DO have some great products.

But then they counter that with pink ball bags, or Dutch Army camo (instead of US digital camo, which would sell like hotcakes). 

I'm still rooting for them to find a "hit". I advised them to team up with Little League, design a new, and unique jersey, and market that. (The same advice I tried to give Jim at Ump Attire). The first one that does that will corner the largest umpire group on the planet. 

Sorry to see everybody having these issues.  I have always had good dealings with Dan and hope he's okay.

Dan is a good guy, and I also hope he's okay. I just hate to see the company go south. A lot of us do. 

I had the same issue last year when I ordered a +POS Zero G mask as well. It was super disappointing.

Not sure if you've been emailing him here, but the only address I was able to get a response from was plusposusa@yahoo.com. You might try giving that a shot.

I tried to return some coats and a mask that didn't fit well. I was lucky enough to get the product return numbers and mailed the package back to him. The Postal Service said they tried to deliver it to the +POS address with no success. Apparently the notices left for him that a package was waiting were ignored? Anyway, they sent me back the package. I was able to prove to my credit card company that I had tried to return merchandise and I filed a claim. Right now, I am waiting to hear back.

Like many other posters here, I will say don't buy from the guy. He won't answer the phone and there is no way to leave a voice message. The E-mail address listed on the website also does not work.

Update: After talking with my credit card company about the transaction and opening a dispute. I decided to call PayPal which is whom +POS uses to process all credit card transactions. I spoke with the fraud department. I told the woman it wasn't a PayPal transaction but a credit card transaction they processed. She asked for my CC# that was used for the transaction. She found the transaction immediately opened a claimed. I was instructed to add that card to my PayPal account and if the merchant doesn't refund my account in 10 days they will automatically credit my card on the close of business on the tenth day for the full amount. I in-turn called the CC company explained what transpired with PayPal. They stopped the dispute to allow PayPal to resolved this matter. Hope this helps anyone who may be in the same situation as I. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an issue with them in July and my mother-in-law had an issue with them in November of last year.  Luckily I paid through PayPal. Ended up filing a dispute through them and got my money back. I won't do business with them at this point.