Replay review ...out?

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3184 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This call needs to go to the statistics as overturned...in my book, anyway.

The announcers are killing me again!  I was unaware of the rule that ties go to the runner.

Edited by UmpJeff

This call needs to go to the statistics as overturned...in my book, anyway.

The announcers are killing me again!  I was unaware of the rule that ties go to the runner.

You should be aware that in OBR, semantically, a tie does go to the runner at !B and any forced base. Practically speaking, @BillKen is correct.

You should be aware that in OBR, semantically, a tie does go to the runner at !B and any forced base. Practically speaking, @BillKen is correct.

I agree.  He's right.  

I should have used the Sarcasm Alert emoticon after my last sentence .

There is lots umpire issues to discuss, "arguing" a safe/out call that you need 3 slo-mo replays to form an opinion on, isn't one of them.  

replay is one of the biggest changes in umpiring .... it's certainly relevant .....

• Like 1

If  we can't agree a day later, it's too close to overturn. Same should go for NY. If they can't tell for sure in 30 seconds the call on the field was wrong, then it should stand.