Unequal CP - too loose with Delta Flex?

grayhawk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3189 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Just received my Unequal CP that I purchased from @tcasterlin and I promptly put my spare Delta Flex harness on it.  Has anyone else had difficulty getting it to fit tight against your body with this configuration?  I have the bottom straps pulled as tight as they go and it's still not quite as tight as I would like it.  I have the top straps pulled tight enough that it doesn't slip down, meaning I still get good coverage on my collar bone area, but the whole CP just doesn't hug to my body like I have been used to with the All Star S7 or the Douglas.

FWIW, I do like the CP so far.  I was hesitant to get one since it's not a hard shell, but the kevlar plates seem like they will provide great protection despite the lack of plastic over the top of them.  I just got assigned a JV game for tomorrow, so it's the perfect game to give it a test run.

• Like 1

I too ordered an Unequal and put delta flex harness on it. I too noticed the same thing. I have the straps at the back almost at the end where they will go. Not sure what will happen if I loose the rest of the weight I want to

I have no issue with the snugness of mine.  I just have a difficult time fastening the side clips!!  Having them on the front instead on the extreme sides would be much easier.

I have no issue with the snugness of mine.  I just have a difficult time fastening the side clips!!  Having them on the front instead on the extreme sides would be much easier.

I have that problem too, but putting them on the front would probably result in them getting shattered before long.

• Like 1

I have mine cinched up on sides as far as they will go. It's not saggy, baggy loose but it's not snug tight either. It just hangs there. It does bend and conform to my torso well now though so I have no issues with it. It doesn't slide down from my neck area that's for sure. It doesn't flop or slide around when I run on 1B or 3B lines. Now that it's hot the lack of snugness is a good thing. I get an occasional breeze in there when I bend forward a bit. No issues with the waist clips either. One night I left it laying on floor of my garage to dry. Next morning I freaking drive my 4Runner over it with no damage whatsoever one of the clips was tight from being smashed under the tire but all good now. 

I have mine cinched up on sides as far as they will go. It's not saggy, baggy loose but it's not snug tight either. It just hangs there. It does bend and conform to my torso well now though so I have no issues with it. It doesn't slide down from my neck area that's for sure. It doesn't flop or slide around when I run on 1B or 3B lines. Now that it's hot the lack of snugness is a good thing. I get an occasional breeze in there when I bend forward a bit. No issues with the waist clips either. One night I left it laying on floor of my garage to dry. Next morning I freaking drive my 4Runner over it with no damage whatsoever one of the clips was tight from being smashed under the tire but all good now. 

That's a good way to describe it.  It's not a huge deal - I have just gotten used to CP's being snug, especially with the Delta Flex.

@grayhawk glad you got it!  It was tough finding a box that would hold it all without it costing a fortune.  I put my DF harness on the day I got it and I too could never get it as snug as I wanted, so I went back to the stock harness and did get it pretty tight,  Good luck with it, you should be very happy with it and the shins!  

@grayhawk glad you got it!  It was tough finding a box that would hold it all without it costing a fortune.  I put my DF harness on the day I got it and I too could never get it as snug as I wanted, so I went back to the stock harness and did get it pretty tight,  Good luck with it, you should be very happy with it and the shins!  

Thanks Trevor - it was in great shape as advertised.  I may trade the 16.5" shins to @Magic for his 18.5" ones and then sell those.  I already have the Force 3 shins, so no need for a second pair if I can get a fair price.

Thanks Trevor - it was in great shape as advertised.  I may trade the 16.5" shins to @Magic for his 18.5" ones and then sell those.  I already have the Force 3 shins, so no need for a second pair if I can get a fair price.

A second pair of Force3 shin guards is what many owners of the shin guards dream off, including me.

A second pair of Force3 shin guards is what many owners of the shin guards dream off, including me.

Well, I only have 2 legs, so...

Actually, if I was working a lot of tournaments where I was on the plate for multiple games at a time, I could see the benefit of it.  The vast majority of the time, however, I am working 1 game or a DH where I have a plate and a base.  It's just overkill for me.

Okay, it looks like I found a great solution to the Delta Flex being too loose, even when the straps are pulled as tight as they get.  On the UE, the male part of the buckle is attached to another piece via a piece of material and it's that other piece that gets attached to the Delta Flex.  I was able to cut the threads that held that piece of material to eliminate it from the equation, and attach the male part of the buckle directly to the Delta Flex strap.  It holds very well, and shortens the overall straps by at least 2 inches on each side.  I tried it out in a game on Saturday and it worked perfectly.  Nice and snug now.

Okay, it looks like I found a great solution to the Delta Flex being too loose, even when the straps are pulled as tight as they get.  On the UE, the male part of the buckle is attached to another piece via a piece of material and it's that other piece that gets attached to the Delta Flex.  I was able to cut the threads that held that piece of material to eliminate it from the equation, and attach the male part of the buckle directly to the Delta Flex strap.  It holds very well, and shortens the overall straps by at least 2 inches on each side.  I tried it out in a game on Saturday and it worked perfectly.  Nice and snug now.

Photos

Could have just had that sandwich.

• Like 2