Saw that Force 3 shin guards were on Ump-Attire and decided to get a pair.  Hopefully more comfortable than my platinums that have been digging into me and are really difficult to run in.  If they are as good as I keep seeing on here, I'll probably be putting my platinum shins on sale.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wore my UE shins for the first time this weekend and they are awesome!  Very comfortable and easy to run in.  I may need to make a few slight adjustments but I definitely felt both extremely comfortab

You're going to be selling your platinums.  Those force 3's are incredibles.

My sentiments exactly. Two different models of DaviShins for 8 years total. The last two were hell. Felt every hit in knee area with DaviShins.  Force 3 is only thing I'll wear now. Lightest, most com

Posted Images

You won't ever go on the field with anything else on. Got hit square on yesterday in a college game and ball went half way back to the mound. I never felt a thing. The catcher started asking what I had on and did they make them for catchers because his shins were crap....LOL. You literally forget you have them on from the mount you put them on. After 6-8 years of Davis shins this is like heaven.

Edited by Mr Ump

My sentiments exactly. Two different models of DaviShins for 8 years total. The last two were hell. Felt every hit in knee area with DaviShins. 

Force 3 is only thing I'll wear now. Lightest, most comfortable and most protective. Numerous hits from ankles to knee pads. All good. Only drawback was the short break-in period of about 4 games. 

• Like 1

All of these comments are making me excited.  After running a few games with the Platinum shins (good protection but very uncomfortable for me) and drinking the Bauer hockey shin kool-aid, I decided to take the plunge after hearing all the good things on here.

I feel good about my Diamond Ultra-Lite masks with TW pads so no need for the Defender as of now.  My last consideration will be deciding between the Unequal CP and a retrofit Platinum TW CP.  

So far, the platinum CP has served me well but I'm wondering if the Unequal will be better.  My only hesitations are pricing and availability from trusted sources of purchase (I originally attempted to buy an Unequal CP but was told that CT was having a lot of credit card scam/security issues which is where www.umpire.org is financially based.)

All of these comments are making me excited.  After running a few games with the Platinum shins (good protection but very uncomfortable for me) and drinking the Bauer hockey shin kool-aid, I decided to take the plunge after hearing all the good things on here.

I feel good about my Diamond Ultra-Lite masks with TW pads so no need for the Defender as of now.  My last consideration will be deciding between the Unequal CP and a retrofit Platinum TW CP.  

So far, the platinum CP has served me well but I'm wondering if the Unequal will be better.  My only hesitations are pricing and availability from trusted sources of purchase (I originally attempted to buy an Unequal CP but was told that CT was having a lot of credit card scam/security issues which is where www.umpire.org is financially based.)

​I use the Dyna Lite with TW both Steel and alum too so no need to change. They work like kings. I have the UE CP and the WVG TW and it seems I like the WVG TW more than the UE. At least I use it 4 out of 5 games. It's just more comfortable and does not rub against my neck. I think they both provide great protection. Wings on the WVG TW are still annoying but I have not removed them in 12 years so I guess I have elected to ignore the annoying part...LOL. The CP's will end up being personal choice and the only way you can choose is to actually wear them into battle.

​I have the UE's and still very much like the Bauers. I only wear the UE's when I have HS varisty and up because I feel the protection that the force 3's provide is necessary at that level.

I also have the UE CP and a TW'd Gold, if you like your platinum then I suggest sending it to TW and add a delta flex to it. The UE CP is certainly not a bad piece of equipment but if you already have an old WVP then you should stick with what works. 

​I have the UE's and still very much like the Bauers. I only wear the UE's when I have HS varisty and up because I feel the protection that the force 3's provide is necessary at that level.

I also have the UE CP and a TW'd Gold, if you like your platinum then I suggest sending it to TW and add a delta flex to it. The UE CP is certainly not a bad piece of equipment but if you already have an old WVP then you should stick with what works. 

​The Bauers are definitely easy but for whatever reason I can't get them secure and the velcro straps catch on my pants and bunch them up a lot.  In any case, I'm starting to gather more gear than I have room for and I'd rather just have one set of gear for everything that I do (which is hard because I've become quite the gearhead).  

I got a Delta Flex for the Platinum about a month ago and it made a HUGE difference.  It took a little while to get used to the tighter fit but once the CP started to form to me, it was a much better feel. 

That being said, does anyone know if TW will just send you pads for the WVP?  They only come in certain sizes so I don't see why they would need your individual CP for something that is already standardized.  I'm sure they have seen all the sizes by now.

​The Bauers are definitely easy but for whatever reason I can't get them secure and the velcro straps catch on my pants and bunch them up a lot. 

​Have the velcro straps shortened by your tailor. Once they are, when you put them on align the ends of the hooks and the loops and the snagging of your pants shall cease.

That being said, does anyone know if TW will just send you pads for the WVP?  They only come in certain sizes so I don't see why they would need your individual CP for something that is already standardized.  I'm sure they have seen all the sizes by now.

​No, they won't do it.  You have to send it in.

I just purchased a 2nd pair of the Force 3 shins. When I'm working every day I need to alternate gear and I want to wear these every game. Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just purchased a 2nd pair of the Force 3 shins. When I'm working every day I need to alternate gear and I want to wear these every game. Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ken I don't know if you're my hero or if I hate you. Hahaha

Just realized that the www.umpire.org store has a coupon for orders over $100 and wanted to share it with my fellow umpires. For those of you that want to jump on the Force3 shin guards wagon. Use the code SAVE1776. It will discount $17.76. The coupon expires  07/05/2015 @12:01am  EST.

Ken I don't know if you're my hero or if I hate you. Hahaha

Come on Majordave, they are less then two game fees. I can go with the UE and WV CPs but the difference between the UE shins and anything else I've tried is too great. Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk