Just venting

stevis
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3236 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So tonight....LL Majors.

Took a foul ball square off my mask, which popped off and fell down in the dirt.   At least I looked impressive shaking it off.

About two batters later, another foul ball which hit the catcher in the mask and ricocheted directly into my cup.   Seriously?  Wish I had that one on film.

Then the fun started....the U3K I just posted about in Situations, which cheesed off the Visitor coach. (With reason, I now think--I'll wait for your judgements but I'm not happy about my call in retrospect.)   LL play in which the home team flung the ball around, I covered 3B when R1 went there, followed him home and was surprised to see my partner didn't take BR into 3rd.  So I had to make a call from the plate, which I am happy with but again, pissed of the Vis. coach.

He's a nice guy, he didn't cross any lines, but it wasn't fun as he veered near them.

So then I helped add to the fun by kicking the next rotation myself and not covering R1 going the 3rd.   My partner had this one covered for me though.  At least we were even.

Then I ended the game by called 3rd strike against the visiting team...the very catcher who took a bat in the arm in the U3K situation.   At least it was thigh high down the middle.

Not anyone's best night, least of all mine, but time to learn from it and then let it fly away.  Thanks for giving me a forum to help do that.

Edited by stevis
  • Like 1