MikeSafari

[Softball] High school softball catcher gets away with leveling a pair of baserunners

​She was in front of the plate - where she should be.

Runner 1 definitely leaned in.

​she is JUST INSIDE the 3base foul line, so no, ....she's not "in front of the plate" ........

and no, Runner 1 did not .....F2 did ......

are you supporting this crap here Rich?   

• Like 1

HOLY SHIMIT.  What a shot.  I never seen one that bad even in baseball.  At least the ones I see the runners has some time to prepare.

I don't condone those actions, unless it's pro-rasslin.

Having said that:  runner #2 gets blown up worse than the first one.  So, don't players watch what's happening on the field?  Meaning:  you see a teammate get blown up like that on the plate, and you're not at least a little cautious coming through?  Maybe you don't tempt fate by being right on F2?

6 hours ago, HokieUmp said:

I don't condone those actions, unless it's pro-rasslin.

Having said that:  runner #2 gets blown up worse than the first one.  So, don't players watch what's happening on the field?  Meaning:  you see a teammate get blown up like that on the plate, and you're not at least a little cautious coming through?  Maybe you don't tempt fate by being right on F2?

I've always been impressed at how calm the softball players remain. If this was baseball of the same age group, we'd have a fight before the runner hit the dirt. 

16 hours ago, Stk004 said:

I've always been impressed at how calm the softball players remain. If this was baseball of the same age group, we'd have a fight before the runner hit the dirt. 

Yeah but those two girls who got hit are still stewing today and will hate that catcher for the rest of their lives.

If these were boys they would have brawled, kicked the crap out of each other, and right now at this moment would be sharing a beer and reminiscing.

That is also another difference - if this is boys and they don't fight it out right then and there that catcher is getting one in the earhole his next at bat.