MikeSafari

[Softball] High school softball catcher gets away with leveling a pair of baserunners

Ejection or not? Really not sure how PU doesn't see this, but on that first one she's gone for me.

Should probably be in the Softball forum.

That's not just girls being girls?

• Like 2

Should probably be in the Softball forum.

That's not just girls being girls?

My bad, didn't scroll down far enough to see that one.

@Thunderheads or another mod, wanna move this one?

I bet her parents and coaches have some fantasy story about how this really wasn't intentional and she's such a "good kid"!

Wow, that is probably hard to catch in real time unless you are looking right at the shoulder, but can definitely see it on video. Pretty cheap.

​I disagree. PU watching the touch of home gets this every time. Runners don't do that naturally.

• Like 1

​I disagree. PU watching the touch of home gets this every time. Runners don't do that naturally.

​especially on the second one..........

True, the first one he is working up the line, doesn't appear he was looking at the plate at the time of contact.

Second one he is standing right there.

I retract my previous statement,

If I see F2 standing that close to the plate with no play in sight, after the runner crosses (with no contact) I always have a word with F2 to make a better effort to clear the plate, just to avoid accidental, or intentional contact like what happened here.  On the 2nd hit F2 even taunts the runner as the runner makes her way back to the dugout, unbelievable?

It was not only intentional - it was premeditated.  She placed herself in the exact right spot both times to deliver the elbow.  I hear she's a senior and has a free ride to Sam Houston State.  I wonder how the SHSU coach feels about this kind of chickenSH*# cheap shot.

It was not only intentional - it was premeditated.  She placed herself in the exact right spot both times to deliver the elbow.  I hear she's a senior and has a free ride to Sam Houston State.  I wonder how the SHSU coach feels about this kind of chickenSH*# cheap shot.

​should send SHSU the video ....although there's a chance they've already seen it?

​should send SHSU the video ....although there's a chance they've already seen it?

​I was wrong - she's a junior, not a senior (though she has committed to SHSU).  I hope the state levies some kind of suspension for next season.

• Like 1

​Reminds me of the play from Georgia a few years ago in which F1 and F2 who conspired to throw at the umpire's head and lost their scholarships as a result.

Both of them, SHE GONE!

​How could you eject her on the second one if you ejected her on the first?

• Like 2

First runner leaned into F2 and F2 did a fend-off.

​Only because F2 was blocking her path to the plate unnecessarily.

First runner leaned into F2 and F2 did a fend-off.

F2, now POed, elbowed the second runner.

F2 position OK with me.

​good lord :no:

• Like 1

She's hot!, but I'd still toss her!

​That's pretty inappropriate and a good arguement for background checks

​Only because F2 was blocking her path to the plate unnecessarily.

​She was in front of the plate - where she should be.

Runner 1 definitely leaned in.