Busch and Cheez-its

clasonater
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3240 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Long story short,

C-level summer game, I am PU. VT up ten runs in the top of the fourth.  Home team scores eighteen runs in the bottom of the fourth with 2 outs. 1-hour half inning.  1-2-3 top five with the usual 9-3 ground ball.  Home team scores two in the bottom of the fifth to end it.  I must say, if the home team hadn't have reached the mercy, I would have started writing my suicide letter on the back of the lineup cards.  I get home, and my dryer cuts out, with the nice aroma of burning electrical wires.

What is the best remedy for a night like this.  Busch beer and cheez-its baby!!!! 

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

@kylehutson

So which one is worth the $2?  Or is it all 8?  I've had Buffalo Sweat and Velvet Rooster. Can't stand beer in a can though. Had to pour them into an English pint pub glass. Then they were excellent. I still prefer most of the offerings from Boulevard brands from KC though. 

@kylehutson

So which one is worth the $2?  Or is it all 8?  I've had Buffalo Sweat and Velvet Rooster. Can't stand beer in a can though. Had to pour them into an English pint pub glass. Then they were excellent. I still prefer most of the offerings from Boulevard brands from KC though. 

​Pub Ale, in particular is quite good - reminiscent of Guiness, but smoother. My wife likes the Buffalo Sweat. My second favorite is Halcyon (most people either really like or really dislike wheat beers, I like them). The cans are lined, so it's not like drinking cheap canned beer, so it doesn't bother me much.

That being said, being a local company, several places around here have them on tap, and that's much better. Matter of fact, the company is opening a taproom in Manhattan next week.