AJA51385

Nutty Buddy cup reviews?

Guys, forgive me if this has been asked somewhere before, but I could not find anything using the search.

I'm wondering how many of you use the Nutty Buddy cup and what your thoughts are on it... How does it compare to a more "typical" cup, say the Shock Doctor?

What do you usually wear under/with/over it?

I am in the market for a new cup and compression wear and am trying to figure out which direction to go.

Have read a handful of reviews online, but I want to get feedback from people who actually umpire on a regular basis.

LOVE IT!

The most comfortable, most protective cup I've ever owned. 

I wear compression pants under and the jock over. 

Had it, couldn't get mine to stay in place, I tried, UA biefs, nutty buddy, nutty jbuddy ock, then compression tights. Then tried briefs, compression shorts with cup pocket with compression tights, over shorts and cup. Nutty buddy  moved around too much for me. I recently got the diamond MMA cup and under armour jock with cup pocket, think I found right combinatiion. I really like the UA jock and diamond MMA cup. Others swear buy nutty buddy, but it didn't work for me

Edited by dl1340

I switched to it this yr. Haven't taken a shot with it yet. It fits a little differently, but it still comfortable to wear.

Can't go wrong with it.

I wear it over wicking shorts, and under the NB jock.  Works as well as traditional and provides a bit more coverage.  

If I were to lose it, I would replace it w/ same.

Just ordered mine finally.  After working some 12u games this past weekend I knew it was time to make the change.  I'm not as worried about getting hit doing HS but youth ball, terrible for my mechanics.

In this order I wear:

Underpants

Nutty Buddy

Jock Strap

Compression pants

Super comfortable, never even feel the cup, everything stays put and I've taken two to the boys this season and came through smiling.

Love it. Wear it below the NB jock (which runs really small), and it stays in place just fine. Gives me plenty of room, and I'm able to run and move around with no problem. I'd give it my wholehearted endorsement, though others might not see agree.

Love mine. Taken a few shots over the years with no pain. 

1. Performance boxer briefs

2. NB

3. NB jock

4. Compression shorts w/o cup pocket. 

1.  Reebok Boxer Briefs

2.  NB

3.  Compression tights

4.  McDavid Hexpads if I know my catchers are suspect.

Been hit multiple times with the NB...have never felt it.  I'd pay good money for some full length hexpad tights...wish they made them!

I really like the NB. Very comfortable. Super protective. The NB jock is smaller than the size on the tag. I keep my SD in my bag for the day my partner try's to bag me with a plate by forgetting his cup.  In other words, it will be a gift for someone I don't like.  

• Like 1

After wearing the shock doctor and now wearing the nutty buddy, I will not wear anything else!

​When you wear your Nutty Buddy you don't wear anything else?

• Like 1

I have taken a direct shot from mine and felt nothing...I have the NB with the compression short with the pocket and it fits perfectly.  The compression shorts run really small, but the benefit for me has been that there is no movement by the cup, it stays exactly where I need it...lol

It works exceptionally well with the jock, I just wear compression shorts with the cup and jock on top. Stays in place really well, better than anything else I've ever used. I tried the Battle compression shorts with the cup pocket that are made for the Nutty Buddy this year and don't like it. At least for me the cup doesn't stay in place very well using that system so I've gone back to the jock and cup over the compression shorts.

It works exceptionally well with the jock, I just wear compression shorts with the cup and jock on top. Stays in place really well, better than anything else I've ever used. I tried the Battle compression shorts with the cup pocket that are made for the Nutty Buddy this year and don't like it. At least for me the cup doesn't stay in place very well using that system so I've gone back to the jock and cup over the compression shorts.

​Thanks Hawkman, appreciate the feedback. I've personally never worn a cup in a compression short pouch and have received varying reviews on the comfort factor of that approach.

That said, my old cup that I've had for years (I don't even know the brand) finally needed to be replaced on very short notice this past weekend, so I just picked up a Shock Doctor Bioflex with jock on sale at Dick's. That's been OK for a couple games so far, though it does seem a little bulkier than I would like. I'll see how it goes, I may just stick with it for the rest of this season at this point and switch to the Nutty next year.

LOVE IT! 

Took a pitch off the dish right to the cup!  My stones were very happy they're buddies with the NuttyBuddy!!!

• Like 1

If I already use compression tights would you recommend I get the NB and jock or should I get the BATTLE GEAR compression short combo?

I picked one up this year and love it. I wear briefs/compression briefs, then the cup in the jock, then my compression tights. Based on reviews, I wouldn't use their compression, but stick with what you have, and wear the jock under it, on top of your briefs.

I took a untouched, mid-80's (I would guess), pitch straight to the Nutty Buddy this season. Scared the crap out of me, but no injury and was able to continue. All I ended up with was a bruise on my leg. I will take that over the alternative.