High Level Summer Ball

JDavis225
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3251 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Anyone know how I can get into working some high level summer baseball tournaments? We don't have any here in Louisiana but I see there are a lot in different places. How do they select guys for the national tournaments? 

Look up Perfect Game leagues in your area.    Not sure if they do the summer leagues there, but it might give you insight to future games.

​Yes I'm willing to travel and will do that. 

Anyone know how I can get into working some high level summer baseball tournaments? We don't have any here in Louisiana but I see there are a lot in different places. How do they select guys for the national tournaments? 

​its Texas too far ???

http://www.pastimetournaments.com/Tournaments.aspx?state=TX

• Like 1

Do be aware of the fact that most of these "HIgher Level" tournament umpire associations have certain criteria that they require.  You do need to be able to "umpire", not saying you can't, just saying they don't let just anyone come in and umpire.

Also, these tournaments are the absolute ultimate in Daddy Ball in many cases.  If the daddys are not the coaches, they're there and have paid a bunch of money for Jr. to be able to play and be seen.

Go into it with your eyes open.

• Like 1

Are you willing to travel to the Atlanta area? Google National Umpires Association, join, work. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get in touch with any of the board members (Jim, Mitch, Mike Q) and they can give you info. 

Also, what part of Louisiana are you in? One of our UICs books Grand Slam there. 

Triple crown brings in a bunch here for three weeks, pays for hotels, and (I believe) they supply some CWS tickets. Plus there are a few other tournaments during that time so there is plenty of games if you want more on top of TC. Out of towners get first choice of all games (even non TC games) those three weeks. TC games are over by 4pm to accommodate CWS game attendance. 

I would imagine they have made selections for this year but if you'd like, I could dm you UIC's contact information as he would have all the information on how to get on the list. It may be him that makes the list for all I know and there may be slots available. 

I ​average 5 games a day during TC. Three in the morning and two in the evening. I believe the pay is 40 per game but it might be higher for out of towners. 

You can get in touch with any of the board members (Jim, Mitch, Mike Q) and they can give you info. 

Also, what part of Louisiana are you in? One of our UICs books Grand Slam there. 

​I'm in Baton Rouge. I'd prefer to avoid Grand Slam though. LOL 

I wouldn't call it high level, but not a single mention of USSSA yet?

The Major classification must be scraping a good level.

​The thing about USSSA around here is that most of them stop playing at 14s. I've been keeping pretty busy with that and I agree, the Major classification in almost any age is some good level. They just aren't throwing the 85-90 mph and variety of pitches I want to get a lot of looks at. 

What do you consider high level?

​High school aged travel mainly. I've had a little work in a summer collegiate league but not enough available in the area and I'm not one that can travel the entire summer for a specific league.