umptwo

Use search?

I must say I've never really mastered the search function.  Let's say I want to see posts on hockey-style masks.  If I search all content for "hsm", it says 0 results found.  I know that's not possible.  I used to search "umpire empire + topic" in Google, and clicking on a result would take me to the topic...now for some reason it seems to just go to the main page, so that's no help...can't really figure out why either of these don't work for me these days...

I can't help you yet as the new format isn't comfy with me at this time .......

However, ....  HSM probably won't bring up much ....    Go to the EQUIPMENT forum, then search their, type in hockey style mask and see what happens

Since the upgrade searching via Google doesn't work because the format of the URL changed. UIC has said that the site is being reindexed so hang tight, it should be back. 

I did discover if you take the URL that Google gives you after a search and add a ? after "index.php" in the URL, the link will resolve properly. It's annoying but it is a work around for now. 

@umptwo With the upgrade all the posts have to be re-indexed so once that is complete the search feature will yield better results. 

The searching is supposed to be better than before, but don't expect Google like results.

That being said. I am currently manipulating a script that if I get correct will allow me to add Google site search. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.