Site Upgrade

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3241 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

While it definitely looks different and there are obviously things that are incomplete, I think Warren's doing it the right way here. Get the forum back up and running where he can get feedback from the people who use it rather than potentially having it down for a few days and doing it without input.

• I haven't looked at the site on my phone yet, so I can't offer input there.
  • I don't recall noticing ads before, but it could just be that they're more prominent now.
  • I agree that it seems like there's a lot of white space.

I guess I never really noticed what the software was before, but I assume you upgraded from an older version of IPB?

There's no point trying to fix something that isn't broken. Not all changes are necessary. 

@kylehutson Your supercomputer doesn't scare me, come back when your YouTube videos have 30,000+ views. :b

​YouTube views constitutes tech-savvy-ness these days?  So you're saying that anyone who's able to push the right spot on their smart phones the requisite number of times to record something makes them like an MIT grad?

No.  Just ...... no.

• Like 1

Back off of the UIC!

lots here do not pay a dime to use this great resource.

He does this on his own time.

3 days from now this will be a BETTER site.

Malcontents!

Yes I am in a bad mood!

Edited by BigUmpire
missed a letter
  • Like 1

Back off of the UIC!

lots here do not pay a dime to use this great resource.

He does this on his own time.

3 days from now this will be a BETTER site.

Malcontents!

Yes I am in a bad mood!

​I may be wrong about this great web resource, but for many web sites, user traffic lead to ad revenue. So by using the site we may paying with our visits/posts. Worth while posts can generate more web traffic, and more revenue.

But having a BigUmpire sighting (even a grumpy one) was good to see.

People are so quick to judge a situation now a days.....what ever happened to go with the flow? Change is a needed thing, imagine where we would be if we were still using flint lock muskets to fight our wars......

I'm still having trouble accessing the site on Tapatalk; I'd prefer to use that over viewing the site in a mobile browser.  Is anyone else still having this issue?

​Yes. It isn't installed yet.

I'm still having trouble accessing the site on Tapatalk; I'd prefer to use that over viewing the site in a mobile browser.  Is anyone else still having this issue?

​Tapatalk has not released a compatible version. They are working on it, but there is no ETA.

• Like 1

Still can't get the page numbers 2,3,4,5, etc. to work. Also, clicking on the next button doesn't do anything either. However, clicking on the arrow on the far right does take me to the last featured post.

Still can't get the page numbers 2,3,4,5, etc. to work. Also, clicking on the next button doesn't do anything either. However, clicking on the arrow on the far right does take me to the last featured post.

​Mike,
Please try now. There is a control mechanism designed to prevent bots from disrupting the site by overloading it with requests. So give it a few seconds (2-3) before hitting the next or 2,3,4... buttons. 

Let ma know if this works.