Mick

Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!

For those of us cursed with being a Mets fans: maybe, just maybe, the long, dark painful road to misery has finally taken a turn.  The starting pitching has been great.  Lagares in CF is a revelation.  Timely hitting..... when's the last time the Mets have had TIMELY HITTING??

They're surviving the loss of Wheeler, David Wright's temporary replacement is doing better than adequate, and D'naraugh's (sp?) replacement made a spectacular debut.

We finally have reason to hope, even smile.  At last night's (4/22) 3-2 win over Atlanta, with Granderson up, scored tied, count 0-2..... and he draws a walk.... you had to know they we going to pull another one out. 

When Murphy & Granderson heat up, and when Wright comes back, watch out National League East! 

It's still April. They have plenty of time to break your heart. Again.

ah, Kevin.  There's nothing like stepping on an ant the moment it crawls out of the ground and sees light for the first time in memory.... :shakehead:

For those of us cursed with being a Mets fans: maybe, just maybe, the long, dark painful road to misery has finally taken a turn.  The starting pitching has been great.  Lagares in CF is a revelation.  Timely hitting..... when's the last time the Mets have had TIMELY HITTING??

They're surviving the loss of Wheeler, David Wright's temporary replacement is doing better than adequate, and D'naraugh's (sp?) replacement made a spectacular debut.

We finally have reason to hope, even smile.  At last night's (4/22) 3-2 win over Atlanta, with Granderson up, scored tied, count 0-2..... and he draws a walk.... you had to know they we going to pull another one out. 

When Murphy & Granderson heat up, and when Wright comes back, watch out National League East! 

May you die a thousand deaths with the Mets....Go (hapless and pathetic) Braves

• Like 1

Well, Mick. You're not alone. I, too, bleed the orange and blue (emphasis on the bleed part).

It's a fun team to watch, and unlike previous years, they don't have to dig themselves out of a hole. The kids can hit, and I just want to see Dilson Herrera come up.

P.S. D'Arnaud. 

They stunk up Yankee Stadium last night in the rubber match.  I mean they were bad, bad, bad...

The Hope lives on!  They're going to do it this year.... at least win the division, and actually play baseball in October!  The addition of Uribe, Cespedas, Johnson and Conforto super-charged the offense.  The starting pitching continues to be stellar.  And God bless David Wright.  No one knows how long he'll continue to playing.... it's not an injury, but a degenerative disease.  Spinal senosis I believe it's called.  He's showing courage, character and class.

I believe next year is going to be THEIR year.  Wheeler and Matz will be back.  Hopefully, they'll offer a boatload of money to Cespedas.  Trading Neise, Tejada, maybe Gee, maybe Lagares, could get them something big.

Let's go Mets!    

Being a Phillies fan, there hasn't been much to root for this season. So I'm kinda pulling for the Mets. They're playing some good ball and I like their pitching. I've always liked Wright and Tejada (an underrated SS) and Mets fans haven't had much to cheer about in recent years. So I'm actually sort of glad they're doing well. Unless they suffer a total meltdown in the coming weeks, I think we'll be seeing them in the postseason...and I wouldn't even mind seeing them in the WS.

Been a fan 40ish years, I have great memories of the 86 team in the WS, watching a 12" B&W TV in the dorm.  I've not been as optimistic about the team since 2000 I'd guess.

Can't shut a game off now, they seem to be able come back from any run deficit, exciting times in Flushing!

Braves and Phillies are in a fight...to see who sucks less.  Having had the misfortune of witnessing what the Braves are doing, the Braves will win the right to the number one draft pick.  When they took a 3-2 momentarily yesterday, it maked the first time in a calendar week that they had actually had a lead in a game.

I've been a Royals fan without much to cheer about for the last 30 years or so until last year. If you'd have told me that on the first of September we'd be in the division lead, I might have believed you. If you'd have told me we'd be 13 games up in the division and the W/L leader in the AL, I'd have told you to share some of what you're smoking.

offer TWO boatloads of money to Cespedes.  the magic number is now TEN.