Rookie from Southern California

ajrivera1986
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2891 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hey guys,

Name is Jacob. I live in Ontario, California. I just recently started umping but literally have played baseball since I was walking. I played catcher all the way up until I was 19 years old (29 now)

Completely lost interest in baseball when I hit college. Played a season at a small college and just lost the love for the game..... I really didnt even watch a complete game until about 2 years ago when my boys wanted to start playing (10 and 5) Little League I was even skeptical about putting them in due to having no interest in it....

Of course.... Once I got the beautiful game back in my blood it just ignited my love for it like never before.... Now I help coach both teams and another Junior level team. I basically live at the park so I decided to start umping.... The umpire association literally could not tell that I've never umpired a game before so they set me on my way pretty fast. 

Now I cannot get enough and I want to keep learning and making my way up to the higher divisions as well. Right now I am just doing minor, major, and Junior games as of now but I can tell this is just the beginning...

Any tips are always offered and I'm here always looking to upgrade my gear lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi AJ - 

I just got back into umpiring as an adult. Started as a Junior Umpire back in the day. I'm in SoCal as well. Feel free to reach out if you ever want to compare notes. 

-G

On 2016-05-16 at 3:50 PM, -G- said:

Hi AJ - 

I just got back into umpiring as an adult. Started as a Junior Umpire back in the day. I'm in SoCal as well. Feel free to reach out if you ever want to compare notes. 

-G

Welcome!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2016 at 11:50 AM, -G- said:

Hi AJ - 

-G

Where in So Cal?