Lineup Card Holder

catsbackr
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2889 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

See, if you reduce the number of instances where you / we call "Time!":

1. for brushing the plate
  2. for recovering baseballs that were out-of-play from coaches, bench players, fans (HBM's and SHBF's not included... take all the time you want)
  3. for F2 to step in front of the plate to signal approaching aircraft to land
  4. for the defense to get the ball back into the infield under the control of F1
  5. for a runner to get to his feet after diving back into a base on a futile pickoff attempt
  6. for an On-Deck hitter to finally realize they are on deck, and scurry from the dugout around behind you to get to the opposite OD circle, to the back of the hitter
  7. for an On-Deck hitter to get on the OD circle to the back of the hitter
  8. for an On-Deck hitter... any On-Deck hitter... to pick up that donut and put it back in the dugout.
  9. for crying out loud "Will someone get that bat?

... we would have a remarkable amount of un-harried time so as to make proper, succinct notes in our Midger1. I put in an order for several of Ray's Midgers, and am eager to try one out. I tried using a notebook before, but I usually resort to making acquaintances with the team bookkeepers.

1 - Mini Ledger, shortened to "Midger".

​There's nothing "mini" about that ledger

• 6 months later...

I, too, have the (slightly) older version of the RazzerBook, and dig it. The version I have has the magnetic clips marked "Home" and "Away", which takes a bit of getting used to, because (some of us) we are so used to having the visitors listed first or atop. Most high-level ballparks situate the home team in the 3B dugout and visiting team in the 1B dugout (as does Cooperstown Dreams Park) though, so it's a moot point.

The magnetic clips are a nifty feature.

• Like 1

V3 will have no printing on the inside...just my hockey mentality.

K.I.S.S is the way forward...lol. Now you just put the lineups on either side

Ever think of putting one clip at the top on the left side and on the other on the bottom of the right side?  I would think it would be thinner this way.

Ever think of putting one clip at the top on the left side and on the other on the bottom of the right side?  I would think it would be thinner this way.

Tried this with my original concept including off setting them.... V3 will be tested with thinner magnets which is in the works right now

Thanks for the feedback, I take on board all suggestions and will always look to make a better product

Ray

Tried this with my original concept including off setting them.... V3 will be tested with thinner magnets which is in the works right now

Thanks for the feedback, I take on board all suggestions and will always look to make a better product

Ray

Remember to put the cut for the plastic card out on the back.

If that happens it is down the road after my stock is depleted.

I have mocked it up on a V2 to test  but may even build the writable card into the back...not sure yet

If that happens it is down the road after my stock is depleted.

I have mocked it up on a V2 to test  but may even build the writable card into the back...not sure yet

Just making sure if I put in an order over the next couple of days I would be able to get these before Christmas. Thinking about giving them as gifts to a couple of umpires I work with.

• 3 weeks later...