Lineup Card Holder

catsbackr
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2888 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

OK, I've tried just about every one of the holders out there I think.  The Gerry Davis, the Jim Evans, the Smitty, Honig's, etc.  I looked at the SportsInfoMedia holder, it looks too big for me.  They all seem to tear up or don't really last that long.  I saw one with an ASA logo on it this past weekend used by a partner that looked pretty good while working an NAIA game.

What works for you guys?

(Oh, and I did search the older forums, just wanted to see if anyone had found anything new that works,)

I use a vinyl Passport protector case.  See link below.  I started this thread last year or the year before.  I searched too and it did not come up in the results and I authored the topic.  Our search feature sucks.  I wound up going to my CP and searching the topics I started.  What a crock.  Sorry Warren. It does.

http://umpire-empire.com/index.php/topic/56683-alternative-choice-for-line-up-card-holder/

• Like 1

It works really well.  Vinyl is soft so it won't crack and split like the 8 or 10 other crappy ones from the major umpire suppliers.  It looks great and fits in to the pocket inside of a ballbag.  I slide a small umpire pencil I got from Ump-Attire into one of the plastic edge sleeves and all good.  The only thing is the large sheet sized lineup cards have to be folded down but nothing except that giant one you mentioned will hold those.  I had a college hand me one on notebook paper the other day.  WTF!

OK, I've tried just about every one of the holders out there I think.  The Gerry Davis, the Jim Evans, the Smitty, Honig's, etc.  I looked at the SportsInfoMedia holder, it looks too big for me.  They all seem to tear up or don't really last that long.  I saw one with an ASA logo on it this past weekend used by a partner that looked pretty good while working an NAIA game.

What works for you guys?

(Oh, and I did search the older forums, just wanted to see if anyone had found anything new that works,)

One of mine broke in two during football season.  I just happened to look to the side of the Official's Room (Read coaches crap and stuff) and there was some black electrical tape there.  It fixed mine, and one of my crew mates card holder.  It's stronger than it was when I bought it.

I use the SportsInfoMedia holder and would strongly suggest it to everyone. It is not as big as you might think and easily fits in a ball bag laying down. The convenience of it is the best part as making a lineup change is easy as 1, 2, 3. I've attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure but if you decide to get it then be sure to pick up some clips as the smaller lineup cards do not work very well unless they are clipped. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym1kEV9xh2OMlJqZkljcFluaGtCM3JxczRIdS1DcmN3VzI4/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym1kEV9xh2Od0VDYUNXQWhsbU1oUm5fZTdpckhwUzNPZ2cw/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym1kEV9xh2OdXpOX0l1XzlHU29VLWh0SjIxSUNoYm5JQ3lj/view?usp=sharing

That still looks like it's made of the same vinyl over cardboard like the smaller ones sold by all the umpire gear manufacturers. That vinyl/plastic breaks at the seams eventually in every case I've seen.

• Like 1

Guy's

Thanks for the interest and compliments on my Line Up Card Holder

I had a few glitches with the factory in China which is now sorted out after trying to explain a few initials problems.

The folders should be with me in the next ten days so if you want to order a folder I ask everyone to email me with your details.

The folders are priced at $14.99 US Dollars

Name

Address

Email address

Contact Number

My umplife.ca website will be live later this week, just sorting out the shipping details right now.

Please do not worry about they payment right now

I just want to make sure nobody misses out on my first production run and wanted to create an order spreadsheet so I can keep track of all the people making contact with me.

If you have contacted me by FB please also send me your details to my email address.

rbumpire37@gmail.com 

Thanks again for your kind comments and interests

Regards

Ray

UMPLIFE

• Like 1

Here is the deal

Original quote was for one side including magnets and printing

Invoice I had to pay was for both sides and 4 magnets 3 print locations

Payment in US Dollars upfront

Shipping to Canada US Dollars upfront

Import into Canada duty and taxes

I can only apologize but will not be giving the folders away.

Ray

• Like 1