Checked Strike 3

cigarmon

Funny joke from my old HS association in Lexington, Kentucky.

Supposedly, an alpha male member who generally did umpire with the attitude it was all about him, when working the bases in 2 man and was asked on check swing with 2 strikes on the batter "did he go?" By plate umpire responded with a hammer fist and a loud "NO! But it caught the corner, STRIKE THREE, BATTER'S OUT!"

Hahaha. Crazy if true.

Allegedly happened several years before I joined the association. The offending umpire was not working games for our association anymore.

• Like 1

Supposedly, an alpha male member who generally did umpire with the attitude it was all about him, when working the bases in 2 man and was asked on check swing with 2 strikes on the batter "did he go?" By plate umpire responded with a hammer fist and a loud "NO! But it caught the corner, STRIKE THREE, BATTER'S OUT!"

Hahaha. Crazy if true.

Allegedly happened several years before I joined the association. The offending umpire was not working games for our association anymore.

I've heard that story before ....supposedly from "Michigan" ...so, that sounds like an "umpiring old wives tale"

Hahaha. Crazy if true.

I've heard that story before ....supposedly from "Michigan" ...so, that sounds like an "umpiring old wives tale"

If it ain't true, it ought to be!

• Like 1

Hahaha. Crazy if true.

Makes sense coming from michigan