Passed my FED exam.

kstrunk

Not the grade I was after, but not terrible. I'll continue studying the rules though, even as I hammer the mechanics manual. Thanks to all who helped by answering my questions. Stay tuned, there's more to come! 

• Like 1

Ours (WI) is an online test. Consequently, it's open book, open google, phone a friend, street shoutout, whatever you want. But it is timed, so if you had absolutely no clue, I don't think you could look up every part of every case play in the allotted time. I believe our minimum is 70% or 75% for beginners and then increases if you wish to move up the levels.

Coaches also have to take the same test so, though I'm relatively new to umpiring, I am very familiar with the types of case plays on the test. If you think some of the case plays are convoluted, try watching (or coaching, or umpiring) an inner city high school baseball game. I swear some of the crazy case plays are from our games.

Ours is open-book with discussion allowed at each table.  I found it distractive; not everyone is on the same question at the same time.  This year, I'm going to sit by myself and keep the book closed, just to see how well I will do.

Thanks! We have to take a closed book, proctored exam! 75% minimum score Required. Are we more strict than most?

Ours is 50 questions. Closed book, in class, no you can't phone a freind. Our study guide is 170 questions and that is open book. The 50 questions come straight from the 170 but there are no Mechanics questions in the 50 but there are in the 170.

Games worked 10

• 3 weeks later...

Both the softball and baseball FED tests here in Ohio are open book and online. You must get an 80% or higher on two parts: Mechanics (50 questions) and rules (50 questions). There is an additional 30 question general OHSAA rules test as well.

I just passed my FED this past weekend! First assignment coming up this Saturday. I am pumped!