Thunderheads

eBay - Nike fake - ...yet again!

You saw the dent too??!! I did, and thought I was seeing things!

Could it potentially be a dented Titanium that got "remanded" and the seller threw on new pads and is trying to sell it?

Wow. That's "depressing".

Baddum-bum.

• Like 1

Could it potentially be a dented Titanium that got "remanded" and the seller threw on new pads and is trying to sell it?

Baddum-bum.

No Max, you can tell by the way the ear-guard "V" connects to the main frame.... it's not a Ti

Ah, you're right. The Titanium uses "blunt-wire", while the Steel, because it's otherwise hollow, has been crimped-and-closed. Well spotted, Jeff (@Thunderheads).

It's a real shame, because a mask nut like Joel, Aaron, etc. could (or would) have that dent pressed back out. MaskIt probably could. But there's no effing way any of us would pay that kind of money for it as it sits.

• Like 1

Baddum-bum.

No Max, you can tell by the way the ear-guard "V" connects to the main frame.... it's not a Ti

Also, titanium doesn't really bend in the way steel does. Taking a ball in the mask with enough force to dent steel would shear titanium.

Baddum-bum.

Also, titanium doesn't really bend in the way steel does. Taking a ball in the mask with enough force to dent steel would shear titanium.

Huh? I've seen steel Wilson and Honigs masks that are dented from foul balls, and I have had Titanium masks that have been dented from foul balls.