Kudos to Jim Kirk and Ump-Attire.com

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3348 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I just wanted to publicly offer a nod of approval and a thanks to Jim Kirk and his Ump-Attire.com staff for opening up the selection of equipment offerings and selling the +POS and Force3 ProGear by Ump-Attire.com in addition to the significant amount of offerings already for sale.

I think the cooperation and offering of what is essentially competitor gear helps us out tremendously.  We all know that the customer service and communication facets of dealing with +POS has been a bit spotty at times although anyone who has worn or used their products was, for the majority of us, extremely happy with the products.  As for the Force3 ProGear, they are definitely an innovator in developing and offering new technology products for our protection and comfort.  The cooperation is great.  So, @JimKirk and @UADirOps.  Thanks for sharing and expanding your offerings.  It is in our best interest that you are doing so.

My .02.............

• Like 8

Thanks Dave. Nice of you to notice then take the time to share. We listen to what you and others at Umpire-Empire have to say and try to do our best to offer and keep on-hand, ready-to-ship, a mix of multiple brands umpires like vs. any pre-dominant brand.

With adding some gear from the Force3, PlusPos, Douglas and Schutt lines within the past few months in addition to brands we've had for sometime, I'm personally very excited about what I hope you will think is the best mix of umpire gear around in 2015.

Regarding your competitor comment, I'll add that I think it takes a village to take care of sports officials. We're just happy to play our part in that community.

Hope everyone's year is off to a good start. Don't hesitate if we are missing anything...always listening to what you have to say.

• Like 3

Thanks Dave. Nice of you to notice then take the time to share. We listen to what you and others at Umpire-Empire have to say and try to do our best to offer and keep on-hand, ready-to-ship, a mix of multiple brands umpires like vs. any pre-dominant brand.

With adding some gear from the Force3, PlusPos, Douglas and Schutt lines within the past few months in addition to brands we've had for sometime, I'm personally very excited about what I hope you will think is the best mix of umpire gear around in 2015.

Regarding your competitor comment, I'll add that I think it takes a village to take care of sports officials. We're just happy to play our part in that community.

Hope everyone's year is off to a good start. Don't hesitate if we are missing anything...always listening to what you have to say.

Do ya'll have any other possible options for female ump plate pants? I can have the shirts tailored, which I spent a fortune on last year, but the pants are a lost cause. Those Smitty female pants negate the need for a shirt, that's how high they come up.

• Like 1

Jim, 

Any possibility of getting separate pads for the Force 3 mask? Particularly the tan ones?

@DVA7130, as of right now just Alabama and KY, if GHSA should become available to us through Smitty or another supplier (not sure if GHSA is going the dye sub route as AHSAA is) as an open (ie unlicensed) product, then I would consider having them up on the site.  Until state associations are more inclinded to not be tied to an exclusive or licensed group of retailers and allow their members to purchase from whom they wish and receive the level of service every offical deserves and not always receives, our hands are tied.

Honestly, you guys need to find a way to be the Official Supplier to Little League. That has to be the largest group of officials on the planet, that continues to go untapped.

Like I suggested to Jim, if you guys designed a new jersey, something unique for Little League, imagine the sales. You'd probably need two different colors, for hot and cold weather.

+POS sort of did it years ago, slapping a patch and some lettering to a tired Navy shirt. But if you came up with something that stands out, and is worn on ESPN, you'd corner a huge market. Right now Honig's gives Williamsport shirts that can't get rid off for their World Series umpires. Someone is missing a big marketing opportunity, with lots of TV time.

• Like 1

@DVA7130, as of right now just Alabama and KY, if GHSA should become available to us through Smitty or another supplier (not sure if GHSA is going the dye sub route as AHSAA is) as an open (ie unlicensed) product, then I would consider having them up on the site. Until state associations are more inclinded to not be tied to an exclusive or licensed group of retailers and allow their members to purchase from whom they wish and receive the level of service every offical deserves and not always receives, our hands are tied.

My understanding is that the GHSA patches will be available to all retailers. The GHSA was sued a few years ago for only allowing Honigs to sell something gHSA branded related to football. I know a local retailer in Georgia is already selling Smitty shirts with the new sublimated logo. So hopefully y'all will be able to as well. The shirts aren't mandatory until the third round of the playoffs this year and then all year next year.

@UADirOps  I'm disappointed that you decide not to carry the Force3 shin guards nor the chest protector.

Why???

Because they are giving up the opportunity of becoming the number 1 retailer of Force3, do to the amount of customers that they have.  But is their call and their business decision.  Hope they reconsider.

@UADirOps I'm disappointed that you decide not to carry the Force3 shin guards nor the chest protector.

Why???

Because they are giving up the opportunity of becoming the number 1 retailer of Force3, do to the amount of customers that they have. But is their call and their business decision. Hope they reconsider. You are a walking billboard for Force3.

@UADirOps I'm disappointed that you decide not to carry the Force3 shin guards nor the chest protector.

Why??? Because they are giving up the opportunity of becoming the number 1 retailer of Force3, do to the amount of customers that they have. But is their call and their business decision. Hope they reconsider. You are a walking billboard for Force3.

Why??? Because they are giving up the opportunity of becoming the number 1 retailer of Force3, do to the amount of customers that they have. But is their call and their business decision. Hope they reconsider. You are a walking billboard for Force3.

I believe in and use their products , the same way you believe in your camp and clinics and are the walking billboard of it. 

Business decision, pure and simple.  Jim doesn't give me a blank check in October and tell me to go get ready for baseball.  I have to maximize my budget.  There were a lot of products we dropped or that didn't make the cut.  Will we never carry them?  Not saying that at all, but I do need to consider what we receive the most requests for and balance that against what I have to spend.  If my math is right, I've added almost 40 new (new for us) items just for baseball.

• Like 2

I believe in and use their products , the same way you believe in your camp and clinics and are the walking billboard of it. 

Interesting...

I very seldom, if ever, attempt to push any of my clinics on anyone. Yes, I advertise it, but as far as responding to individuals suggesting to them that they attend my clinic over another camp or clinic, I've never done that...but I have promoted other camps that are reputable and might be a better option for people. And I don't tell others I'm disappointed in them for not promoting my clinic.

I'm glad you like their products and that's great, but there are other equally good products out there and Ump-Attire has done great research and take in a lot of feedback to grow their business. I'm sure if there was overwhelming demand for these items, Jim would be adding them in a heartbeat.

I guess I'm just in a mood today. Sorry...

• Like 3

Also a shout out to @JimKirk on his Umps Care Charities Ambassador Award!!! That's a really big honor to a great guy.

Thanks Jason. Humbling because I know that without a supportive staff and loyal customer base whose purchases enable us to donate money to causes such as Umps Care and Cancer Awareness, that award is not possible. Was really nice to be recognized by the MLB umpires I must admit.

• Like 1