Acknowledgements

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3411 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recognitions  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think military veterans should be able to be recognized with a badge?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think First Responders (Police/Fire/ EMS) should be able to be recognized with a badge?

• Yes
    • No

I'm toying with the idea of recognizing Veterans and Police/Fire/Rescue with a badge similar to the badge members get for number of likes and Member of the Month. 

This would be completely voluntarily and on the honor system. The member would just need to let me know if they are a Veteran or First Responder. 

What are your thoughts? 

Are there any other groups that shout be recognized? (like HR professionals ;) )

I've been in both categories, and you know what? I come here as an umpire, to learn, share, teach, and make umpiring better, not in any of my other roles. It's not that I'm not proud of what I've done and accomplished in those other endeavors, it's that I simply don't see the relevance of having recognition. Maybe having a temporary one for veterans around Veteran's Day (and first responders in late September) or something like that would be more appropriate. 

If we were to do more recognition, and this is by no means a proposal but just an idea, I would make them umpire-related. Pro school grads, state HS tournaments, etc...just a thought. Of course, coming up with a list of those would be pretty subjective.

• Like 10

I've been in both categories, and you know what? I come here as an umpire, to learn, share, teach, and make umpiring better, not in any of my other roles. It's not that I'm not proud of what I've done and accomplished in those other endeavors, it's that I simply don't see the relevance of having recognition. Maybe having a temporary one for veterans around Veteran's Day (and first responders in late September) or something like that would be more appropriate. 

If we were to do more recognition, and this is by no means a proposal but just an idea, I would make them umpire-related. Pro school grads, state HS tournaments, etc...just a thought. Of course, coming up with a list of those would be pretty subjective.

Agreed.

• 1 month later...