Jim Evans, The Umpire School by Minor League Baseball instructor

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3328 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20141126&content_id=102507214&fext=.jsp&vkey=pr_milb&sid=milb

Notice that they don't say anything in the article about his former academy that his current employers shut down as a result of racist and insulting actions. I hope that the NAACP, National Action Network, and Rainbow Coalition get a look at this. This is a hypocritical black eye for Minor League Baseball that shows that they are nothing but sellouts to an expedient process to avoid continuing with a lawsuit. By this move, they effectively condone the actions of Evans and his school. Good luck wallowing in the slop, MiLB.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20141126&content_id=102507214&fext=.jsp&vkey=pr_milb&sid=milb Notice that they don't say anything in the article about his former academy that his current employers shut down as a result of racist and insulting actions. I hope that the NAACP, National Action Network, and Rainbow Coalition get a look at this. This is a hypocritical black eye for Minor League Baseball that shows that they are nothing but sellouts to an expedient process to avoid continuing with a lawsuit. By this move, they effectively condone the actions of Evans and his school. Good luck wallowing in the slop, MiLB.
I don't see where this is a problem. MiLB has gained an asset! Why are you posting anonymously?
  • Like 3

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20141126&content_id=102507214&fext=.jsp&vkey=pr_milb&sid=milb

Notice that they don't say anything in the article about his former academy that his current employers shut down as a result of racist and insulting actions. I hope that the NAACP, National Action Network, and Rainbow Coalition get a look at this. This is a hypocritical black eye for Minor League Baseball that shows that they are nothing but sellouts to an expedient process to avoid continuing with a lawsuit. By this move, they effectively condone the actions of Evans and his school. Good luck wallowing in the slop, MiLB.

I'd like to at least see a username tied to a post with such strong emotion.  

A mistake involving race seems to be the only mistake that's never forgiven in this country.

I don't know the man, but if MiLB sees fit to hire him, then I see no reason to criticize.

• Like 1

I know the story. You posting anonymously is cowardly. People with your views are the problem with this great country. Major and Minor League Baseball admitted they acted poorly and offered Jim back his Academy. He turned it down to take a job as an advisor. Less stress. Don't post your crap unless you know what you speak.

• Like 8

I know the story. You posting anonymously is cowardly. People with your views are the problem with this great country. Major and Minor League Baseball admitted they acted poorly and offered Jim back his Academy. He turned it down to take a job as an advisor. Less stress. Don't post your crap unless you know what you speak.

Jimmy belongs in baseball. I'm thrilled that he's back and working directly with MiLB.

• Like 1

Jimmy belongs in baseball. I'm thrilled that he's back and working directly with MiLB.

Agree!

• 2 months later...

Jim Evans had given a lot to baseball. He was kind to me.

I got a lot from his Desert Classic clinic. We had Jim Reynolds and Ted Barrett as instructors. Fine men with a lot of class. Both 2015 World Series plate umpires as everyone got a plate game. Mr. Evans belongs in the Hall of Fame. He wasn't at the bowling Alley when the mid conduct occurred. Jim can't be responsible for everything that students do. The camp was over. I never heard Mr. Evans say anything remotely close to a racist remark. Good luck to Jim Evans. I wish him well.

• Like 2

You making up things again?

I was making things up?

I'm still waiting for @JaxRolo reaction.  Not pressing the like bottom on other peoples comments.  I want your comment on how I was making things up.

He was kidding. Relax.

Jim Evans had given a lot to baseball. He was kind to me.

I got a lot from his Desert Classic clinic. We had Jim Reynolds and Ted Barrett as instructors. Fine men with a lot of class. Both 2015 World Series plate umpires as everyone got a plate game. Mr. Evans belongs in the Hall of Fame. He wasn't at the bowling Alley when the mid conduct occurred. Jim can't be responsible for everything that students do. The camp was over. I never heard Mr. Evans say anything remotely close to a racist remark. Good luck to Jim Evans. I wish him well.

Sayhey, it wasn't students it was instructors.