Sign in to follow this  
berns_97

Report Feedback

I know this is late but Just wanted to see if I did a good job on this report. any feedback would be great. should I add more? should I take stuff out? Thanks

9/18/14 Lake Bonny Park Field 1 @ 6:30

Base Umpire: Peary Allen

*Plate Umpire: Bernie Cintron                                                Home:Tampa Bay Rays            Manager: Wes Phelps (assistant coach was covering for him

Away: Chicago White Sox         Manager: John Gierlach

bottom of the 4th Inning 2 outs man on 3rd. #10 for the Tampa Bay Rays is up to bat. I call a Strike and he steps back and swings the bat like a golf club. He then starts saying "Are we playing golf, huh are we, are we playing golf" not directly at me but saying it to him self. When a pass ball happens the runner on third gets a late jump and there is a pickle. Pitcher tags him out and runner was out of the base path as well. I call the runner out on the tag and again #10 says "He didn't tag him" "Blue he didn't tag him" He then said to what seemed to be "mother F*#Ker" I was not sure if he said it or not so i didn't say anything. 

Bottom of the 5th inning, which was the last inning due to time limit, 2 outs Bases loaded. A pass ball happens again and the runner on third, which is #10, starts running home and slides but the pitcher gets him about 4 to 5 feet ahead of the plate. #10 then gets up and says "Your lucky you were all the way up here mother F*#Ker" that's when I said "Hey that's enough we don't do that here". I talked to Peary and told him what had happened that is when we waited for the teams to finish shaking hands and asked the coaches to talk to us along with #10. We warned him and the coaches that if we hear it from him again that we will be ejecting him. Peary and I also told them that we will be reporting what had happened.

9/18/14 @9:37pm

The league took care of it and he is currently suspended for 2 games just to let you guys know.

Agree with @VAUmp that it would have been a good EJ. Also, you might want to omit names of coaches and teams from any reports you share here. 

#10's initial actions/comment (the golf swing) were 100% directed at you. They definitely merited a "cut it out" or a "knock it off". In that particular scenario, I might have also said something like "don't ever try to show me up like that again".

After the tag play, where you thought he said "mother...", you shouldn't have let that slide, unless he mumbled it under his breath. If he said the phrase loudly, give him the death stare and a loud "excuse me?!" Being the little punk that he was, he probably would have repeated it, and you could have ran him right there.

His last comment should have been an insta-hook

Couple of things from me, just about the report. I would include both the players number and last name in reports. Also, use proper terms, its a run down, not a pickle,  a passed ball, not a pass ball. These reports are actually legal documents, and should be accurate and grammatically correct.

Now about game management. Why wasn't this player ejected? At any level, if someone calls me a mother F*#Ker, he would be gone. 

" When a pass ball happens the runner on third gets a late jump and there is a pickle." For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE do not use the term "pickle". It is a run-down.

• Like 1

" When a pass ball happens the runner on third gets a late jump and there is a pickle." For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE do not use the term "pickle". It is a run-down.

Now that's some funny stuff right there

• Like 2

" When a pass ball happens the runner on third gets a late jump and there is a pickle." For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE do not use the term "pickle". It is a run-down.

Now that's some funny stuff right there

I know, I know. I was in a hurry because I still had homework to do and im used to saying that, im only 17, and thanks for pointing it out. I know not to use that term anymore.

• Like 1