Sign in to follow this  
grayhawk

Arbiter Connected Widget

Is everyone seeing this on the home page here?  Right now, it's just a reminder that I have no games on my schedule, but that will change soon enough.  Can't wait to see it when I've got games.  Nice addition, Warren!

• Like 1

Agree it is a nice addition. Mine shows my next two games visible in the window and then an internal scroll to see more. I might have to bookmark the home page instead of the new content one...

Gotta be on a real browser in normal mode, not mobile.  I don't see it on my phone in mobile.  I do on my Mac in Chrome browser.  But only on the home page.  When you open a forum you won't see this Arbiter widget.  

Thanks guys I was hoping you all would like. 

Like many of you right now mine is reading no games, but fall ball is about to start. 

If you get an assignment you can accept it there and do most anything you need to do through Arbiter right here.

I've got a couple more things up my sleeve. But there is about to be a new version of the software that runs the site launched soon so I am going to only do simple things which will definitely work with the new version.

• Like 1

If I may inquire, what IS Arbiter?
It's an online assigning application. Officials keep a calendar, block days/times when they are unavailable, and assignors assign games based on their own criteria within the confines of the officials' schedules. When a game is assigned, the official is automatically notified via email, text or both depending on what options the official chooses. You then accept (yes!) or decline (bad form to do this) the game. If you have a partner(s) you can see them too if the assignor has that option activated. They also integrate with Refpay for electronic payments. It's a great tool for assignor and official alike.

If I may inquire, what IS Arbiter?

It's an online assigning application. Officials keep a calendar, block days/times when they are unavailable, and assignors assign games based on their own criteria within the confines of the officials' schedules.

When a game is assigned, the official is automatically notified via email, text or both depending on what options the official chooses. You then accept (yes!) or decline (bad form to do this) the game. If you have a partner(s) you can see them too if the assignor has that option activated.

They also integrate with Refpay for electronic payments.

It's a great tool for assignor and official alike.

That's pretty cool.

Are all you guys in the same area under one UIC? You get assigned games? Are you guys under a rating system? I'm curious as to how other systems work.

All I know is what my UIC uses, he does the whole area and we see a list that's available for our rating and pick and choose what games we want.

I work for 19 different assigners. My Arbiter associations total 25 at present because some assigners assign for more than one arbiter association account. It can get confusing at times. I average around 200-250 games a year in baseball and at least 100 volleyball matches.

Some let us choose our games. (Props and Shout out to @MidAmUmp) for that but most offer based on their choice depending on ability, availability and various conflicts or mileage limitations.

I've had assigners use other programs to assign but Arbiter is most definitely the best one for me and most officials I know.

• Like 1

I work for 19 different assigners. My Arbiter associations total 25 at present because some assigners assign for more than one arbiter association account. It can get confusing at times. I average around 200-250 games a year in baseball and at least 100 volleyball matches.

Some let us choose our games. (Props and Shout out to @MidAmUmp) for that but most offer based on their choice depending on ability, availability and various conflicts or mileage limitations.

I've had assigners use other programs to assign but Arbiter is most definitely the best one for me and most officials I know.

So how does one sign up for this or can one? Our last boy graduates this year and my husband will be traveling for work and I plan on traveling with him. He is usually in an area for a few weeks to six + months. I thought all areas worked the same as ours so I had planned to just track down the local associations to try to pick up games, I assumed the local UIC's would call my current one for a referral. Would this be an alternative to that?

It's not something that you necessarily sign up for the associations you work for sign up to use it and they pay the fee for it. If your assigner does not use Arbiter, there would be no purpose in having it.