Thunderheads

What a night in San Fran ....

play at plate is reviewed and overturned ............

Peavy again shows how much of an a-hole he is.........

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/v35671881

PU was running full speed! How can he see that clearly?

• Like 1

PU was in absolute perfect position to stop & watch the entire play and ran himself right out of it

• Like 1

That was an _exceptional_ manner of Susac setting up, receiving the ball, and applying the tag. When MLB was instituting Rule 7.13, this is the scoring attempt they surely had in mind as the Ideal. It came down to a split-second result of the best output of professional ballplayers.

I _hope_... I really (x10) hope that coaches use _this_ play (and plays like this) to instruct up-and-coming catchers in where _and_ how to set up, because it's getting monotonous to remind catchers to not set up on the baseline, only to hear "That's where my coach told me to stand!"

@scrounge — I have a feeling that Eddings' brain had one of those snap-decisions of "Where I Need To Be" vs. "Where I'm Supposed To Be". You're right... He _was_ in the ideal spot to see that tag applied. However, you can see it on his face and body language, he realizes where the action is coming from, and his training and experience compel him to scurry to where he's supposed to be.

I have him safe, safe, safe. Sorry, that reversal is crap.  MLB has officially gone bonkers.  And speaking of Peavy...I loved him in "The Hurt Locker"

the reversal was clear .........

hurt locker....funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@acpar72 — The tag _was_ applied. That Eddings didn't see it from his perspective, in real (fast!) time, is understandable. Just because you see it as, and signal it as "This", and only a replay reveals it as "That", you're going to say that only "This" is what should stand?

I'm sorry, but we've got touchdowns in the NFL taken off the board because the official saw and signaled in real time that he had both feet in, while only a replay – slowed down to a freeze frame – shows that a part of his shoe was on a few blades of grass out of bounds. Still a touchdown? Nope.

I can't say that this is true, but my estimation is that officials in the NFL are told, when in doubt, call it one way, and there is going to be video review to confirm or reverse / refute the call.

That was an _exceptional_ manner of Susac setting up, receiving the ball, and applying the tag. When MLB was instituting Rule 7.13, this is the scoring attempt they surely had in mind as the Ideal. It came down to a split-second result of the best output of professional ballplayers.

I _hope_... I really (x10) hope that coaches use _this_ play (and plays like this) to instruct up-and-coming catchers in where _and_ how to set up, because it's getting monotonous to remind catchers to not set up on the baseline, only to hear "That's where my coach told me to stand!"

@scrounge — I have a feeling that Eddings' brain had one of those snap-decisions of "Where I Need To Be" vs. "Where I'm Supposed To Be". You're right... He _was_ in the ideal spot to see that tag applied. However, you can see it on his face and body language, he realizes where the action is coming from, and his training and experience compel him to scurry to where he's supposed to be.

@acpar72 — The tag _was_ applied. That Eddings didn't see it from his perspective, in real (fast!) time, is understandable. Just because you see it as, and signal it as "This", and only a replay reveals it as "That", you're going to say that only "This" is what should stand?

I'm sorry, but we've got touchdowns in the NFL taken off the board because the official saw and signaled in real time that he had both feet in, while only a replay – slowed down to a freeze frame – shows that a part of his shoe was on a few blades of grass out of bounds. Still a touchdown? Nope.

I can't say that this is true, but my estimation is that officials in the NFL are told, when in doubt, call it one way, and there is going to be video review to confirm or reverse / refute the call.

What's up with all the underscores and hyphens in your posts?

NY must have seen the lace hanging down from F2's glove brush his foot.  :meditation:  :nod:

• Like 1