BRUMP

Fittske24 on ESPN

Guys Fittske24 will be working the plate tomorrow at 7pm ET on ESPN2 in Livermore California for the LL intermediate World Series championship. Congrats to him on that great on honor and I'll be in chat during the game if anyone wants to join me.

Wow, wonder if he'd be willing to wear an Umpire Empire logo on his mask, I kid. In all seriousness congratulations to @Fittske24 for making it to such a high level game.

Wow, wonder if he'd be willing to wear an Umpire Empire logo on his mask, I kid. In all seriousness congratulations to @Fittske24 for making it to such a high level game.

high level game? I say this only half jokingly.

high level game? I say this only half jokingly.High level as in for where it ranks on a youth baseball scale, and for the fact that its on national TV. Not comparing it to college, HS or the pros. Its also high level compared to what I do, which is why in my perspective its high level.

high level game? I say this only half jokingly.High level as in for where it ranks on a youth baseball scale, and for the fact that its on national TV. Not comparing it to college, HS or the pros. Its also high level compared to what I do, which is why in my perspective its high level.it's not high level for Fitts. That's what I was referring to.

high level game? I say this only half jokingly.High level as in for where it ranks on a youth baseball scale, and for the fact that its on national TV. Not comparing it to college, HS or the pros. Its also high level compared to what I do, which is why in my perspective its high level.it's not high level for Fitts. That's what I was referring to.Yea I don't know the guy, I was just raised to congratulate when it seems appropriate. I thought this was a major step or something my bad.

I was just about ready to post this as Ken sent me an email last night letting me know he was going to be on ESPN2!

Congrats sir!

@BaltimoreUmpire - no worries. Knowing him, he treated it like it was Omaha.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I treat every game with the same level of effort and respect regardless of the level. I got my umpiring start in LL so I always give back to the kids by volunteering my umpire talents at the local, state, and Regional level. As @Jocko stated above....I treat every game from LL to D1 like it's Omaha...and tonight will be no different. Thanks for the support!

• Like 11

Thanks for the kind words guys! I treat every game with the same level of effort and respect regardless of the level. I got my umpiring start in LL so I always give back to the kids by volunteering my umpire talents at the local, state, and Regional level. As @Jocko stated above....I treat every game from LL to D1 like it's Omaha...and tonight will be no different. Thanks for the support!

Great Job!

• Like 1

Two words: plate coat.

Actually, I'm sure it will be too warm for that, but it would be cool. Congrats for being chosen for the plate in the championship - that's a great honor!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words guys! I treat every game with the same level of effort and respect regardless of the level. I got my umpiring start in LL so I always give back to the kids by volunteering my umpire talents at the local, state, and Regional level. As @Jocko stated above....I treat every game from LL to D1 like it's Omaha...and tonight will be no different. Thanks for the support!dont suck!

@Fittske24, how dare you give LL umpires a good name! You looked great today. So glad to NOT see a robot. You're a pro. Outstanding work, sir!

• Like 8

Sorry I missed it. Worked a DH at the Central Senior Regional (I'm here as an invited umpire) . Got 2 innings of my plate in... 14-2, lightning, suspended till tomorrow. Grrr. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

• Like 1

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Get a room!!!

I watched about half of this last night and didn't even realize who the plate umpire was. But, I did think to myslef, "This guy seems a little bit sharper than some of the usual LL umpires we see on TV"...

Question: What is the "intermediate" level of LL baseball and how do they happen to have their own championship game?

It's for 11-13 year olds. Mound is 50 feet instead of 46, and bases are 70 feet instead of 60. Leading off is legal, and it's played under mostly the same rules as Juniors. LL installed this division about 3 years ago because (IMO) they were losing too many players to other organizations that play "real" baseball at these ages. Last year was the first year they organized an international tournament. My guess is that Intermediate will overtake "majors" in the next few years and Williamsport will have to reconfigure their fields.

• Like 2